Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break in D.C.


For Spring Break this year, I WON!!! We usually always go to Moab so the guys can ride their dirt bikes but this year they decided to wait until Sam was out of college so he could go so. . .
We got a real Spring Break this year.
Above is a picture of Matt and I in front of the Lincoln Memorial.


Here is the Washington Memorial. Notice the birds all standing in a line. We took the kids to D.C. when Matt was 9 months old. The only thing I remember is carrying a baby in a back pack and trying to keep track of my three other kids. Matt also went there a couple of years ago when he went on the Scout Jamboree. They just hit the tip of all the things to do there and he really wanted to go back. Wynn has then there several times. Just a few years ago, he and his brothers took their Dad there to see the WWII memorial.
So, it just seemed the place to go this year.


Even though the cherry trees were all in blossom, it was so cold. We just took sweatshirts and I wore two everyday!


How much money are you tall? Here Matt is at the Bureau of Engraving.
We got to see money getting made.
Very interesting!!!



On Friday, we rented a car and went to Harper's Ferry. This is a picture of an old church there. It was so fun to walk around this old city and explore. This is an old Civil War town where the Platomic and the Shenandoah Rivers come together.


On Friday we also got to go to the Washington D.C. temple and do baptisms for the dead. What a neat experience that was. I'm so glad we made the effort to do this.


Here we are waiting for the T18. It seems like we did a lot of bus and Metro waiting. I was ready to come home and go into my garage and get in my car and go wherever I want to go.



The week after we left was the Cherry Blossom Festival.
I hope it was warmer then than when we were there.

Oh, here I am with Pres. Obama.

3 comments:

Stephen, Terren & Peyton said...

How fun!!! I went to DC a few years ago and loved it - would love to go again! Hope you guys are doing well! And sometime we are (hopefully) coming up to Idaho and might ask to stay with you guys - just giving you a heads up =) Of course we will call and give you some notice and actually ask too =) You guys are an awesome family and have raised great kids!

Linds and Thad said...

What a fun trip! I would love to go back to D.C. and explore the city now that I am grown. My parents used to drag us there (or so I felt) when we were little and I hated sight-seeing and walking for hours on end. Now I can't wait to take my family there!

Paula said...

We've hit a little of a lot of things in DC ourselves. It is an amazing place. So much history in the east to absorb! Looks fun. Sorry it was so cold!