Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Babysitting our little Emily!


Just couldn't resist showing this little face. Isn't it just the sweetest? It's like Emily is saying here Grandma, I found this on the floor, could you please put it away?

Steve and Brooke went up to a cabin on Friday afternoon and we got to keep Emily. Oh, she is a doll and what a fun time we had. She is pretty easy to entertain. She loves books, she points and acts like she is reading. It just warms my heart to hear her "read".


Wynn went into the room where Emily was sleeping and woke her up from a nap. Here he is trying to console her and get her to go back to sleep.


"S-T-R-E-T-C-H"

Sam came home for the week-end to celebrate his birthday with us. We all went out to dinner on Saturday night to the Red Robin. Wynn loved it and hopefully everyone one else did too. It was nice to be together with everyone. Since it was Sam's birthday, the waitresses all sang to him and he even got a free hot fudge Sundae!
Later that evening, Sam came down with a fever. He had been sick earlier in the week but thought he was pretty much over it. Sunday, he still didn't feel very well so I took him over to Community Care. Well, needless to say, he had pneumonia! He got a huge shot in the hiney and some pills to take. He had to go back in on Monday to make sure he was doing better and to get another shot. (I bet it was fun riding all the way to Provo that night with two sore hips!) I hope he is doing better now.
It was pretty sad when everyone came for Sunday dinner to celebrate and Sam slept on the couch. Oh, I hate it when someone is sick!


Emily loves to get into my tupperware drawer. At first I just let her and then I quickly got tired of picking up stuff all over the house. I found a ruler down the handles worked really well.


Here she is just ripping everything out.


Can you tell where Emily was?


So busy!

1 comment:

Brooke Monk said...

Thanks so much for watching her for us-you're the best! And I agree-she is a doll! I hope Sam is doing better. It is the pits to be sick, especially while trying to go to school. Poor guy!