Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Turning the BIG five - 0!!!

Age has never really been a factor in my life but
for some reason turning 50 was hard. . .

Wynn had taken me shopping for my birthday but I couldn't really find anything I wanted. I knew that soon there would be something I wanted and so we decided to just wait and not buy something just to be buying. So I was really surprised on Sunday when Wynn came upstairs with a huge gift for me. Deep down I was really excited. Wow, he had done something to surprise me and it looked great.

I should of known that that jokester husband of mine wouldn't let my 50th birthday a lone. . .

Yes, you are seeing it right, he got me an old lady walker! At first it was really funny and the kids were just laughing so hard and I was too. But, it just hit me that hard and I started to cry. I don't know, if there would of been diamonds attached or cruise tickets, I probably would of loved it. But, it was a bad idea.
I tried hard to cover it up and not let me emotions show but, I failed. Wynn just gathered it all up and away it went and I never saw it again.
He felt really bad.

Natalie gave me a bag of my favorite things. Oh, everything from chocolate to breakfast
cereal were in there. Natalie, thanks so much, it meant a lot and I've loved
everything you gave me. Thanks for being so thoughtful. I love ya!

Our neighbors across the street, the Shewey's, invited us over for cake and ice cream.
I really needed that and it made the evening complete.

Later on that same evening, Natalie got her friends game, Rock Band, and brought it over to our house and we had a party. It was so much fun.


I think I liked it so much because everyone could play!

On Monday, Wynn had flowers sent to me.
The note just stated: Hope these are a better idea.
They were!
On Monday night the door bell rang and there were these beautiful daisy's left on the porch. I Had no idea who sent them. Later on, Matt confessed. They are so beautiful, they made me so happy. Something about those bright colors just warm my heart.

Monday night Steven, Brooke and Emily came over and brought a fun singing Gorilla. They were gone to Washington on my birthday and so they came and we celebrated. We played
Rock Band again and once again, it was so much fun.

Emily and Natalie were having a great time!
Emily loved watching.

I must say, I am so glad my 50th birthday is over. It's not so bad now but
knowing it was coming was bad. It's true, I am now officially old and the
neat part is, I don't feel it at all. I just feel blessed to have the friends
and family that I have and that I have so much to be thankful for.
I hope I have many more years of bliss!!!

2 comments:

Meek Family said...

Congrats on the big day. Shame on Wynn for the walker, I hope he makes it up to you. You're way tooo young to be 50 anyway, 39 and holding.

Willcox Family said...

Happy late Birthday Nacy! I can not believe you got my parents to play rock band. What a sight!