Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas morning


My cute husband on Christmas morning. . . . Christmas was so different this year. Good but different. Steve, Brooke and Emily went to Washington for Christmas and for Brookes sisters wedding. I was so glad they could go and we worried so much about the weather and them just getting there but boy, did we miss them all. Also, this is the first year in awhile that we haven't had a missionary out in the field for Christmas. Boy, I really miss that phone call on Christmas Day. Yes, it was good having Sam home but there is just something special about having a missionary out in the field. The whole family is blessed so much and you can just feel that protection. That phone call is just a wonderful addition to the holiday spirit. I'll always remember the way I felt when we all knelt in prayer around the phone when Sam was in New Zealand. A feeling I will never forget. Sam was so far away but yet we felt so close. I love having a missionary serving in the mission field!!!


Here is Matt with his new DVD, the Dark Knight from Natalie. He was excited to say the least!!!


Sam got one present this year, riding boots. I felt bad but at least he got what he wanted. (They were super expensive) Matt got a camera. He has a real talent for taking pictures. I hope now that talent will even blossom more.

Our Christmas Tree!

We went to the museum on the Monday before Christmas. Matt saw something that sparked his creative bone and he came home and made this sun. It was amazing, he used cardboard, newspaper, flour and water. He did an amazing job. He really is talented.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Looks like a happy time at your house! Love the trees, and Matt's creativity!