Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Matt's letter on Monday, March 28th

Hi Family!

I'm glad you liked the letter. I just needed to write! Things are pretty good here. We had exchanges on saturday. I stayed in Carp with elder Stoecker. He's was born in Germany, raised in the UK, and lived in Virginia for the last 8 yrs. He has a really cool accent! You would love it mom! We had a great day! We went to a baptism in Goleta of a bro and sis (8 and 9 yrs old) and it was so fun! The dad had to work on some things so that's why the girl waited. He held her under water until she started squirming! haha he was so nervous that he was sweating. It was so cute! Then we had lunch with our Ward mission leader then had an appt with James Placensia and his family. I think i told you about him? He's in some "shady" work... I'll leave it at that. Thay said it was the best lesson they have had! Two of his sons, Anthiny and Xavier came to church, and thaey said they will come to conference! WOO!!!!!! I think anthony and xavier are gold.. Hopefully we can help them overcome their problems:)

Mom, i love getting my friends letters. Please keep doing that!!!!! And is Andy Johnson back out??? Will you find our for me?? Bridger said he "likes his new companion, but teaches come crazy people," so I don't know of hes out or married? :)

One quick story:
A girl in Santa Barbara grew up with a member famuily as friends. She had a bad experience and kinda pushed the church away, until she went to UCSB (the biggest party school on the west coast - She was going to go to BYU, but denied the acceptance after being offended) decided it was best for her. She started meeting with the missionaries because she was embarrased to tell the family that she was wrong, sorta thing. She tried to get re-accepted to byu, but got denied and felt really poorly. She got invited to a dinner with some people and Jeffery R, Holland (I dont remember how it happened), and she said how great it was! After the dinner, he asked her if he could speak with her privately. They went in the other room, and he put his hands on her face, and said,"Don't you worry about BYU. I'll make sure you get in, don't you worry." Then he proceeded to tell her,"Please, don't be afraid to join the church. I will clear my calendar so that I can be at your baptism." An older couple in the mission - Bro and sis Tate - told us that story. Needless to say, she is getting baptized! Hehe, but i think it's a pretty low key thing. How cool!!!

Well, i'm out of time. Mom, will you look for a quote by C.S. Lewis for me? It's talks about how we picture ourselves as a cottage, but the Lord has a different idea for us. He comes in and makes some changes that hurt really bad and we find out that He has a quite dofferent idea for us. He intends us to be a castle where he could come and live. I know that's vague, but i love that quote and i need it! If you absolutely cannot find it on the internet, it's written on an index card in an old journal that i put in a box of stuff in my room - perhaps the flag box? Maybe in my drawer... Haha! But please, no need to read my journal! :) Haha but i trust you! :)

Well i love you all dearly. Expect a package this week. Dad, i would love to hear some mission stories! ;) Love you all and Godspeed!

Elder MOnk

No comments: