Tuesday, March 22, 2011




Monday, March 21, 2011

Hola Familia Monk!


Well life here is great! We had a pretty busy week, not too much exciting though!

Be expecting an email maybe from Rhonda Snelling. She is like a second mom to me and i totally loive her and bro. Jim snelling! They took us to the palms on thursday and we had a great dinner and conversation. He's been a member for 6 years and they've been married for 5 years. It's such a neat story, i'll write you later today so i can have more time.

We have to submit presidents letters electronically now, so it's kindof difficult managing time. Sorry! I dont have alot.

My clarks are falling apart.. I'm so sorry! I think i will send them home and have you get a refund or something, then i can buy a new pair in Santa Barbara sometime. There are some pics to show you whats up.

We do probably an hour of tracting a day, but it's not super consistent. Nobody is really home ever (Everybody commutes to SB or LA for work) so we don't get in alot, but we get alot of potentials!

We began teaching the Plasencia family again this week. They were dropped along time ago for not keeping commitments, and they seem tough, but we have high hopes for them! (He's ina pretty shady/illegal business and he is making too much money to want to stop... He basically hosts "Bachelor Parties"... I'll let you wrap your canoodle around that...) But he has expressed a sincere desire to stop and get baptized! Hahahha its wild.

We found out his morning that a lady who is less active and we've been trying to teach her husband found out thet her husband has been having an affair... We are devastated. She is most likely crushed, and they were doing SO WELL! Agh!! The adversary is working hard on these people. Pray for us? :)

Anyway, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. Us on the tracks, the sunset on Carp's beach, my shoe problem, the snellings and us... I think thats it. I'll probably make a cd and send home today. I'm also getting a package ready for Nat's birthday. Tell her i loved the letter!@

Well, i think thats it from Carp! I hope life is treating you well! Keep in touvh! I love you all so much! Godspeed,

Elder Monk

No comments: