Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Missing Matt

Yesterday I went over to Skyline with the 5th grade to practice for the Patriotic program. We were in the gym for a long time, from 9:30 - 1:30. It was a long day. But, as I sat there in the gym, I couldn't help but think of Matt. Oh, how he loved Skyline, he was so loyal. He loved his Student Government class. He loved serving the students there. I couldn't help but think of all the things we attended in that gym. Oh, how I truly miss that boy. A few tears were shed and it was a hard day after that. It's hard sending a son on a mission.
"Party in the USA," was my ring tone for when Matt called me. Before he left, he changed it so it was just my regular ring tone. Needless to say, whenever my phone rings, my heart drops!

I do love having a missionary son but I DO miss him too. Sometimes my heart just breaks and I have a good cry and then I'm okay for awhile again. He's been gone for almost three months and it sure feels like it has been longer than that. Only 21 more months to go!

No comments: