Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Matt's letter for May 30, 2011

Hey mom!

Haha im glad you liked the joke. :) Haha im sorry! I had to do it!!

Ok the money thing... I think i only had like 150 or 200, so not too much. I had to get some things when i first got here (Pillow, all new toiletries, etc.) so it went pretty fast. I probably could have been a tiny bit more thrifty, but yeah. So...

I havent got your package yet, so probably tomorrow or wednesday. Thank you so much! you are amazing!

That's way cool that you saw Nik Hamelin! He's a great kid. Remember his dad? He came to our house a couple times two years ago for Cedar Badge. He was really... rotund. :)

Thats cool that you get to go to Youth Conference! How exciting! you will have tons of fun! You can take a ride on the S.S. Have Lots-O-Fun Youth Conference cruise! Haha

I loved the pictures! YOu all look so good! AGHH!!! IM SO PUMPED THAT BRIDGERS OUT!!!! I love him! Hahah that's so cool.

Well, today we went to Santa Barbara and did some errands, then we got to go to TRADER JOES! It's like a health food grocery store, and it's AWESOME! I got all my groceries for way cheap! Yay.

Wednesday we did splits with our ward mission leader bro clarke and bro bowen. It was awesome! Bro clarke told me that him and bro bowen thought i needed a ... "break", and i really appreciated that! I loved it! Haha and we got to teach a good lesson, and it was basically a great day! Then they got us ice cream, and bro clarke got me a Dr. Pepper float because he knows hoe much i like Dr. Pepper. YEAH! I think this ward really likes me. And i love them!!! By the way, We are both staying in Carpinteria fo0r another 6 weeks!

On thursday we taught a lesson in District Meeting on how to begin teaching. We played Wiggle Woggle (The game with the rubber bands and strings where you pick up the cup of water!) It was alot of fun! Then we went back up tp Santa BArbara that night to do exchanges with another companionship. Elder Bashein had a hernia removed on wednesday, and our zone leaders asked us to do this so i could give elder Furhman some teaching experience. They told me on the phone how much they trust me and it made me feel pretty awesome. They rock!

We're stalling on Sharry's baptism... She is actually really unstable and we find new problems each time we go... It kinda sucks, but it's ok.

On friday we cleaned the sear's house. Bro sears is coming back next friday, and we want it to be nice for him. Dawn - the lady who lives behind us - wanted us to, so we did. I polished the hardwood staircase while elder searcy vacuumed. It looks pretty good!

Saturday we helped move a part member family. The graces. Sis grace is a member and she married bro grace (non member) last year, and she just got her old house in Georgia back. It's too expensive here and they both CAN'T get jobs. Im way sad to see them go, i've gotten really close to bro grace, but they are meant to go there., Things are just falling into place.

Sharry came to church, so that rocks!, and we got to teach almost 14 lessons this week, so pretty good! The mission standard is 20, so we're almost there.

Sis. Bowen (Bro Bowens sister) made us lemon ice cream last night. She was friends with Truman G. Madsen's family and it's his recipe. MMM!!! It was the most amazing ice cream! Second only to reeds.

We were driving home on friday and we had to go through a sobriety test point. As i rolled down the window, i heard the cops say, "They're Mormons!" And the guy who took my license didn't even breathalize me. :) Haha! Interesting times!

Well, i better head out. I think that's a pretty sufficient email for today! We're up at the chamlee's and sharing their BBQ and they're giving me a ride in their race truck! They race (and win) the Baja 500 every year. The race is this weekend, so their truck it like beefed up and awesome! IM SO PUMPED! :)

Well, i think that's it. I love you all! Oh ps: request for music whenever you get a chance: Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing by MOTAB, and Sacred Piano by Paul Cardall (Shadow Mountain Records - Deseret Book). Whenever you get a chance!

I love you!

Elder Matt Monk

No comments: