Monday, May 23, 2011

This weeks info from Matt

Okay, so last weeks letter from Matt was real vague. It really didn't tell me anything. Well, I could tell he was happy and everything was okay but just no real meat to the letter. So, after some thought, this is what I wrote to him last night. . .

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dear Matt;

Time to write again and reflect on my week. Your letter last week was so short. I love it when you write and tell what you have been up to. I missed hearing about some of the people you have been teaching and fellowshipping. Do you realize what your letters are to me? They are my life line to you, my youngest, cutest, most loved, brilliant, humble, driven, adorning, son! I love your letters, they are my everything, I just need a bit more information. Try an experiment, this is what I do. . . I keep a tablet by the computer. When I do something or hear something that I want to share with you during the week, I jot it down. Then, on Sunday night when I get to sit down and write, I open the tablet and there are my notes to jog my memory on what I want to tell you. Don't get me wrong, I love everything you have to say, I hang on every word! I'm just craving more. I want to hear your testimony more often. I know it's there but I want to hear it MORE. I know you are doing well, I can feel it, I just want to hear it. I love you Matt. P.S. I'm glad you are in love with California!

This is the e-mail we got from Matt today. . .

Hi mom!

Sorry that i suck at writing... But we got an email from our mission president today, and some missionaries were goofing around on the email service, and we got email taken away from the whole mission, so this will be the last email i send, and i don't have tons of time, but life is great! I'll write in a couple weeks.

Love, Elder Monk



Boy, do I feel rejected. A couple weeks? What is that kid doing? I'm thinking writing home is no longer a priority in his life.



Then. . . at about 6:00 there is a knock at my door. It is Natalie wanting to know how come I haven't forwarded Matt's e-mail for today to her. I start to tell her the story and then she hands me this. . . .

Hey nat, i have a favor to ask you... I wrote mom a mean letter. here it is:

Hi mom!

Sorry that i suck at writing... But we got an email from our mission president today, and some missionaries were goofing around on the email service, and we got email taken away from the whole mission, so this will be the last email i send, and i don't have tons of time, but life is great! I'll write in a couple weeks.

Love, Elder Monk

She chewed me out for not writing alot, so i have to play with her. YOU KNOW ME! :) :)

So... i want you to save this email and give it to her later tonight. Don't make her wait too much... she'll probably cry. Is this too mean??? Aggghhh!

Anyway, this week has been great. We have been pretty busy which is good, and our 40 day fast is over. Did i tell you? It was great! We have been so much more busy lately, and it's AWESOME.

A guy that always talks to us and has come to church with us invited us to go to a jewish Sebat service on Friday. It was awesome! It's a very contemporary temple, so they accept christians as well. I felt kinda out of place with JESUS CHRIST plastered all over my chest! Haha, but everyone was really nice, and the Rabbi came and talked to us, so did the Canter (The guy who sings). We also met a lady who survived the Holocaust (She was there on Kristallnacht!!). It was really a great thing, but the moral of the whole story: my testimony is just that much stronger! I could see the GIANT gaps where they were missing things. Haha! Great learning experience.

We are holding off on Sharry's baptism for a while... Everytime we go over we find out something more about her that is tough. This week we found out she is... uh... bisexual? Yeah.... AWkward! Hahah! And she is bipolar and had a stroke, so she is pretty fragile. We're waiting, needless to say.

We are bachelors at our house now. Bro. Sears is spending a month or so at his son's house in Salt Lake. He took Oggie (his yappy little dog) and got on a plane in L.A. a couple weeks ago. WOW! haha and the Donovan's (His daughter and her husband) are gone to New York to be with theur son and grandkids for the same amount of time. So... We are holding down the fort.

Mom, i hate to ask this, but could you maybe, possible, perhaps, put a tiny bit of cash into my checking account? I don't need alot, but i would like some to have for when we do things (museums, tours, etc.) that cost money. Please???? I'm sorry! :) I love you.

I look forward to the package! Thank you so much :)

I'm glad Bridger's farewell went well! And i'm pumped about all the mission calls!!! It makes me so happy!

Well, Mom, I'm sorry that i was mean and played this nasty joke on you! But i do know that the church is true. It strenghtened my testimony so much to see how other religions believe and where they are missing things. We are lucky to have a prophet to lead us and guide us. I am so lucky to be a missionary!! I feel so blessed and loved. Thank you for the letters and all the love! I miss you all so much, but i feel blessed. Thank you!


Elder Searcy is a sassy one. i love him! I am having TONS of fun! I am so glad that pres. Murri trusts me so much. I am learning so much!!!

WEll, i must go. I love you all dearly, and i'm having a good ride on the S.S. Have Lots O Fun - Missionary Cruise!

Love you!

Elder Monk

No comments: