Monday, February 13, 2012

Feb. 13 ,2012


Hey Mom!

Well, no pics again this week... we are at a different FHC and there are no slots, and I forgot my card reader.... SORRY! I'll send some next week.

Sounds like there’s a lot going on! Sam did email, and he said they're having a boy! WOO! That’s so exciting. Good for them! They’re in my prayers.

Umm we moved, the apartment is so nice! I'll be sure to send ya some pictures. I'm still sorry for that! Its fun for me to send pictures, because then it feels like you can see into my life! Haha

We have ZLC tomorrow in Ventura, so that will be good. Did I tell you I’m still a zone leader? Senior zone leader at that? I'm so blessed though, I have the best companion. He is from Ririe actually, but went to school in Rexburg. We have so much fun! We also got Zone T shirts made that have the LA temple with "Thousand Oaks" across the top and down the side it says, "We're legit" Haha! The last elders had them made, and they just came in. we're blessed!

We spent a couple days either moving in, or setting gals with companionships. We went with every companionship and set 3 goals they want to achieve before the end of the transfer, took their picture, and put them all up in our apartment, so we can see them and their goals, and follow up with them! It’s great. Off to a good start!

On the 3rd of March, Brother Heaton from the MTC is coming to ZLC, so that should be awesome! He's the director of MTC stuff for the church. Crazy!

I did get your package!!! Thanks so much!!!! I love you. It was great! I loved the pictures so much. THANKS! Do you think I could still get some new white shirts? Mine are now more of a "Poop" color. You are the best! I really appreciate all your help.

Last transfer was probably one of my hardest. I have felt so unconfident, and its been so weird! I don't know where it came from, but the adversary has been working hard on me. Elder Brodie went through a lot of the same stuff, so we have been helping each other SO Much. I know that President Castro is called of God! I see it in my companion. I am SOOOOOOOO blessed. I wish you could just see inside my head and understand how i feel. There aren’t words for it!! The Church is true.

Yesterday at Church, a former investigator (That still comes with his girlfriend) came to us and told us that he has been working thru a lot of stuff, and set his own baptismal date of March 31. Wow! We are going to work with him and help him get there! Miracles left and right.

Tell Natalie to stop being a pile and write me! I miss her tons!! I want her advice and encouragement. I love hearing from her because she knows what i'm going through. Tell her!!!!! Thanks:)

We went to Brittany Spear's house last week on our drive through Lake Sherwood! It was fun! :) hahaha sooo many famous people here! And we went by Jackie Chan's house as well on our way to Malibu Lake. FUN FUN! :) I'm blessed.

Well, that’s about it for me! Sorry no pics... I’m working on it! Thanks for all you do! I love you and miss ya tons! Keep in touch!

Love,

--
Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: