Monday, February 20, 2012

photo's and letter from Matt

Monday, February 20, 2012
Hey mom!
Goooooooood Week! No complaints from over here.
I finally got you some pics! Here you go:


LA Temple




LA Temple
Elders Monk, Cook, Christensen, Hamilton
Christus
Palms on Santa Monica Boulevard + Ocean

LA Temple
PCH Toward Malibu

Me and John (Sun Jian)


The Knapps and us at cho cho san
 View of new apartment living room

Kitchen


bedroom/closet

Elder Brodie and I in our new ZOne T Shirts "We're Legit" Edler cook and Elder Eldredge made them

The sky by the TO Temple


We went to Claimjumper for lunch with Jun, and there was a sick bike, so we got our cameras, the guy came out, he said we could sit on it, and told us that he built it custom and it cost $70,000.00. Holy cow!! Lucky :)












 So there ya go! I hope you like them :)
We have zone conference this week in Newbury Park (So right here) and Elder Brodie and I (We're both zone leaders) are doing  a breakout on Teaching for Understanding. It sould be good! We have some responsibility, but mostly President and the assistants are in charge. It will be good!  If you are called to be a zone leader it's for however long the Lord and president want. Not too bad! So its not a mission long thing.
Next week we have another ZLC with a guy from the MTC (Bro Heaton) , so that soud be good! Crazy lots of meetings.  And speaking of meetings (Keep this on the Down Low please) A member of the 12 will be coming to our mission on the 10th! We don't know who for security reasons, but it sould be cool! So we're having a mission conference with everybody! I can't wait! :) Haha lots of meetings.
We went to the Knapps last night for a minute, and sister Knapp was telling us how she worked for AMGEN when she was like 20 and was basically a CEO for them. She was telling me about pills that people take when you are on Chemo, and wrote down some stuff for Dad. Haha I think you guys have everything under control, but she wanted me to tell you, so here ya go:
Nausea-
ZOFRAN
Animea or fatigue-
EPOGEN
AMGEN has programs for pts to reduce cost.
So there ya go. Do what you will with it! She helped develop EPOGEN and she said it is still counted and a miracle drug, and that its really good. :) haha
Things are me are most excellent. I'm glad its warm up there for ya! We have been rubbing shoulders with some pretty ritzy peeps lately.. Its crazy here.
I cant think of anything that I really want or need. Thank you for the Shirts,I will hopefully get them soon! I love you and appreciate all your support. THANK YOU! I love you X 1,000,000,000!
Love,

--
Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013




No comments: