Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Matt's letter for Aug. 20, 2012

Monday, Aug. 20, 2012

Mom!

Holy Moses! Sister Leavitt is in a nursing home? good! Victoria is in Dads ward? Crazy!  Dad got a new job! Wow! CANADA?!?! FUN!!! Haha it sounds like you are doing so well! Send my love to everyone! Will you also give me sis leavitt's address? I'll attach an email for her that you can print out and take to her, but I think she would like to get some mail directly to her. I love her so much, she really is one of my best friends. Give her my love! 

We were at John and Michelle's house when she got and opened her package, and she LOVED it! She brought the qoutes to church and was showing them off. You guys are PERECT! She always says she feels like she's known you forever. Thanks for being so good to her. I'll check for a package today! Thanks for all your love. I appreciate it alot! You are the best! You know the letter you sent her? she read it to me and stopped after, "Don't tell him this, but..." so I convinced her to tell me what it said. You guys are so trunky!! Haha it will come when it comes. :) Don't worry about it! But i do appreciate your support and love.

The parade was great! haha it was a different thing to do, but I think it went really well. All 4 of us elders were passing out cards along the way and jill and Julie handy were Dorothy and Glinda. Everyone (especially old ladies) all commented on how cute it was haha! No work of our own - Michelle came and made all the windows, complete with curtains and pets, and we just built the house. It was alot of fun, and we had a great turn out. I'll send pictures!

I also forgot to tell you that we live in tarantula country! John and Michelle were telling us about them the other night, and we left there house and guess what i spotted in the headlights? A TARANTULA! So we called john and we looked at it and poked it, and HE JUMPED! I guess they can jump up to 5 feet... Yikes! We was the size of the palm of my hand. I'll also send a picture of that!

We had a great zone conference this week. We talked alot about baptizing, and then alot about thoughts. I really felt the spirit hit me like a ton of bricks! Literally! I got to talk with president for a little bit afterwords, and i fell really good. he gave me some suggestions on how I can improve, and he rally made me feel good about myself. I love him so much! He is amazing, and you can just feel the spirit radiating from him! I also found out that their son Joseph has gone to the temple and will enter the mission field in 4 weeks! He turns 18 on sept. 11. Isnt that crazy!!! When you dad is a mission president you can go when you are 18.He seems so young, haha! But he will be fantastic. I really loved zone conference, and I feel edified and refreshed!

Well, thats about it for here! Transfers are not next tuesday, but the one after that. Sept 4. Sam and Susie will be getting baptized on sept. 1, so that will be pretty neat! We had a lesson with them last night and Susie seems so much more solid. We're so pumped for them! Its been exciting. Keep them in your prayers!  And if you go to the temple... you know the drill! haha, thank you mom!

Tell dad congrats on his new job! And since he's getting more cash-flow... I expect a few benji's in the mail. (Thats slang for Benjamin's or $100 bills.) Hahah! just kidding. Hope you guys have fun on vacation! Take lots of pictures! I love you tons.
-- Elder Matthew Monk California Ventura Mission         -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 -













No comments: