Monday, August 27, 2012

from Matt


Hi Mom!                                    Aug. 20, 2012

Well, another great week in Tehachapi. It was a pretty normal one, nothing too exciting! We had Sam and Susie interviewed and they passed, so they are getting baptized on Saturday! It's going to be awesome! All that will be left will be dad. But he's coming along as well, and making lots of progress.

There was a stake barbeques up here on Saturday, so that was fun. Lots of people and TONS of food. We got a bunch of leftovers, but gratefully we pawned most of it off on the other missionaries. :)

But really, nothing too super exciting.

Soo... I think I inherit my stressfulness from you, Mom! I've been getting very easily stressed out. We talked about it on our way to district meeting this week, and one of the missionaries here, Elder Peacock, said he gets the same way. I don't remember getting THAT stressed before my mission... EP said that he heard about this study that said that missionaries go thru enough stress in their mission to equal a nervous breakdown, haha. Not very comforting! How do you manage your stress? It's weird because its like little things, and i fret over them and like almost make myself sick. Grr.. It’s annoying. But I have been trying to "Meditate," which president Castro is really passionate about. I think that helps, just taking time to clear my mind and focus on what’s really important. I think it's a mix of me feeling inadequate and also a lack of time (Its getting shorter...). But I’m doing OK.

It sounds like you had tons of fun in Canada! I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to go to Banff national park. Rock climbing! I hear there's some good stuff up there. Lucky!!!!!! And yes, I did get your package! Thank you so much. I appreciate you a ton.

A part-member family in BV has had us over a couple times this week - They had a girl from France staying with them for a few weeks and she cooked us Crepes and Creme Brulee! It was a lot of fun. They gave her a Book of Mormon, and she asked us to write in it, so we did, then the other night she gave us a note thanking us for who we were and the good people we were. It was really sweet! Haha our missionary work is extending to France now!! :) haha

Well, tell everyone hi for me and tell them I love them! Has Victoria visited you? She said she was going to sometime soon, and she also said that she’s excited to be in Dad's ward! HahaThanks for being the best mom in the world!! I love you.

--
Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 -

No comments: