Monday, September 3, 2012

From Matt






























































Hi Mom!          September 3, 2012

Well, I just wrote you a nice email and the computer deleted it, so I'll see what I can write.

I'm glad you talked to Michelle - She was pretty broke up and so was I.. I'm gonna miss them so much! I love Tehachapi! But it’s good to have change I guess.

The Big news... Elder Scott and I got to baptize Sam and Susie on Saturday! It was great! I had never done that before, so it was neat to baptize Susie. Bro Weaver confirmed them in church yesterday, and it was a really spiritual testimony meeting. I am so thankful to have been a small part in all of it. After church we all had dinner at the Weavers with some of their kids and the Evans. It was fun! Then we had a testimony meeting, and then played scripture charades. I love them so much! 

President Castro called last night and asked me to be a district leader in Santa Barbara - the Mesa Oaks ward. Woo! So that should be good. I'm just going to miss Tehachapi.. But it’s ok. My companion will be elder O’Leary I think (I don't know him). 

We went to breakfast with the Minors (BV) this morning at the Mulligan Room. I love them so much! The mom and daughter are members, the dad and son aren't, but all are active. They told me how much they love and will miss me, and my heart broke! I will miss this area so much. *sigh*

We're probably going to spend most of the day packing and saying goodbyes to people. I've really gotten attached to this area and these people. This is a really special place! I can't wait to bring you back to meet everybody. This has been my favorite area no doubt!!

Wow, it looks like I don't have much to say.. Things are good for me! OOOH! One request. There is a talk that elder Scott’s mom sent him that I think you would love, and I would love it too! It’s only on CD, its called "Healing the Wounded Soul" by Jack R. Christianson. You can look it up on www.covenant-lds.com. Please check it out!!! Its sooo so SOOO SO AMAZING! Like life changing. I loved every second of it. He quoted elder Nelson, "Man is that he might have joy, NOT GUILT TRIPS!" Haha you will love it.

I love you mom! Did you get my stuff from the Searfoss'? If not, you should hear from them soon. I just sent home some junk that I want, but don't want to carry around. I'm still on for a minute, so you can answer real quickly. I love you!
--
Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 -



John, me and Michelle King

Us, Sam and Susie!

The Minors (Lonnie, Julie, Susan and me)

No comments: