Monday, September 10, 2012

Matt's in a new area. . .


Monday, September 10, 2012

Dear Mom,

Thanks for the email! I got the pants... Thank you so much!! 

So they told me last week I was in Santa Barbara, but they meant the Santa Barbara zone, so I'm in Lompoc, about 45 min or so north of SB. Its about 10 miles away from the coast, so we got fog and cool breezes. It’s been about 65-70 degrees on average this week. I love it! My companion is from Poulsbo Washington (Kind of by Seattle) and he is WAY cool! We have been getting along famously. The area is kind of dead (Not being negative, just truthful). Scratch kind of... REALLY dead. We had one investigator when I got here - an 85 yr old lady that told us that she only meets with us because she likes the company... We did have a lesson with a Less Active guy named Ted (20) who is just getting off drugs and stuff and his GF is pregnant and wants to take the lessons. So that could be some potential! Other than that, lots of trying to see less actives and tracking. But it’s actually been pretty good! We've had some good experiences together. We had Stake conf yesterday (I got to see a bunch of members from Carpentaria! :)) and the stake president came up to us afterwards and seriously said, "What’s going on in Mesa Oaks? Lompoc always baptizes, how come you don't?" so.. not a lot of faith in us right now. 

So Shara's getting married, and so is Shallin? Holy cow.. That was quick! Yeah, I’m happy for them. Its just weird that one of my best friends is getting married to someone I don't even know. But It’s ok! I know her and he’s probably a great guy. Wish them luck for me! I hope I get an announcement! 

I'm glad you got to meet the Searfoss's! They're great. Keep in touch with Michelle! When you talk to her tell her I say Hi and that I really miss her and John!

How’s the new school year? How’s everything? That’s cool that Dad has Victoria in his ward. Please tell her I say Hi. 

I do want to go to BYU-I, but I am thinking of just working until the fall semester. I don't know yet for sure, maybe I’ll want to go summer, but right now fall is looking the best for me. I really want to get a good job, and work and stuff to get some money saved up so that I don't completely have to bum off you and dad! And I’m going to need some money to pay for that iPhone! haha! If you could get some info on what I need to do etc to go to the fall track, I would appreciate it. That one letter said I had to go online or something and tell them I wouldn't be home in time for spring, and could go the next available or whatever, but again, not so sure. They should help you pretty good if you call up there or whatever. The spring track starts jan.6 or 7, and I get home that Wednesday I believe.. Don't quote me. ANYWAYS... off the trunky stuff... :)

I think things over here are well. If you would, a little bit of money for some newish clothes would be nice. I'm going to try to find 2 pairs of pants I really like so that I can alternate between them or have a backup or whatever. Thanks for supporting me mom! You are the best, and one of my hero's! Thanks for all you do! I love you!

Ps I tried to send pictures, but the computer wouldn't let me... So I’ll see what I can do later! Love you!

--
Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 -

No comments: