Monday, September 24, 2012

Matt's letter for this week. . .


Monday, Sept. 24, 2012

Hi Mom!

Yes I did get the envelope! Thank you so much! I am so excited to be able to vote! And I really needed to get my license renewed. SO thank you so much! You are the best for helping me get that stuff done. You are a lifesaver!

That’s cool that you got to talk to Shara! I hope that they had a lot of fun! That’s good that you got to talk to her. And I'm glad that you got to talk to Victoria! She's great.

Were you able to put some money on my card? I'm sorry that I'm so needy, I just need some. Thanks for that, mom! You are the best.

It was a better week this week! We went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders, Elder Hall came here with me, and we had a great day! We did a lot of finding, and we were blessed to find a new investigator - Wallace. We tracted him and talked on his doorstep for almost 45 min! He just kept asking question after question and then he asked us to come back. Hopefully we'll see him today or tomorrow! He seemed like he was really searching. On Thursday we found another investigator named Olivia. She has 3 young kids and is WAY cool! She was joking around with us about our "magic underwear" and being polygamist. She was pretty wild! But we talked to her on the porch as well for about 30 min and prayed with her and invited her to church. She accepted a Book of Mormon and a return visit tomorrow at 4! She is way cool and I can't wait to see her tomorrow! Already love her.

The ward is so weird here! I'm not a huge fan. But I’m trying and praying to love them. They just don't talk to us or even give us the time of day! A few do, of course, but as a whole we just get snubbed. Whatever! But we are trying to work really hard and be obedient, so we're looking for some blessings in the near future.

Anyway. It was a pretty good week. Its good to hear from you! Thanks for everything you do!  I appreciate you and love you tons! Happy Anniversary! You are the best parents I've ever had, and I love you tons! Have a good week! I'll talk to you soon!


--
Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 -

No comments: