Monday, August 13, 2012

This week's letter!


Monday, Aug. 13, 2012

Hi Mom!

Yes, I did get the package! After Michelle called you the first time I
went to the Post office and asked them and got the same response i got
when I called earlier the week before, "It should have been delivered
already if we had it!" But I made her go back and check and what do ya
know? It was there! Michelle loved the gift. Thanks so much mom! You
are the best!! :) Michelle loves you so much! Keep talking to her!! I
think its awesome that you get to help with my missionary work so
closely! I think you guys had a big part in their conversion! Putting
their names in the temple etc. THANK YOU!!!!

Things have been good for us here. I think the biggest news is Sam and
Susie have another date - Sept. 1! We're working so hard on them...
Keep them in your prayers, and the temple would be nice too! Haha
Thanks mom.

Also this weekend we are putting a float in the Tehachapi Mountain
Festival! Haha it’s going to be crazy! Bro Weaver built a playhouse a
few years ago that got raffled by Habitat for humanity and we're
trying to get the people who own it now to let us borrow it. Sis.
Weaver suggested we do a "There's no place like home" theme and go
wizard of oz. So... it should be great! Haha we got a bunch of ladies
helping us, so it should be super cute. I'll be sure to document it
and send pictures.

We went on exchanges this week! I went to Bakersfield with our
district leaders companion, and let me tell you, it was the worst!
haha sorry, negative attitude, but all he did was complain about elder
fullmer and how he misses elder hall. And all he wanted to do was hang
out with members, so it was kind of rough. We dad have dinner with the
Waite's - He is a sealer in the temple and a Patriarch - it was
amazing! He told us the neatest stories and he has the strongest
testimony. Him and his wife helped open Syrra Leon (Somewhere in
Africa) with Richard G. Scott and his wife. Amazing! They were so well
grounded, it was the best.

It’s been around 110 - 115 degrees in Bakersfield and about 95 - 100
here this past week. It’s so so hot! At night we have box fans that
blow on us at the feet of our beds, and I get a pair of socks wet and
put them on to help keep me cool. Holy Moses! It’s been hot! But
hopefully it will get cooler.

This week we'll be doing a lot of work on out float (We decided Friday
to actually do it and the parade is this Saturday...). We're
collecting shrubberies and things and trying to get a yellow brick
road (haha) so pray for us! Its gonna be great. We also have zone
conference this Wednesday, so it should be good.

I got a letter from Greg Stoecker this week! Remember he served here
like a year ago and is going to BYU and has a British accent? Well,
he's engaged for next summer! His fiancé is going to grad school this
fall in New York, so he'll finish school this year and move there next
spring. Crazy!

Life is good. Hot. Can't complain! Thanks for all you do for me! I
love you so much, and appreciate all your support! You are the best
mom, and please send my love to everyone!


--
Elder Matthew Monk
California Ventura Mission
        -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 -

No comments: