Saturday, October 2, 2010

Matt's mission call - October 1st, 2010


Matt turned in his mission papers on Monday, Sept. 20th.
I was surprised when the phone rang on Thursday, Sept. 30th
at 8:00 in the morning. It was our mailman! He
called to tell me that he had my son's mission call
in his hand and he would be delivering it that day!
I was so excited.
Calls went out to everyone!

Elder Matthew James Monk

Opening the call!

Everyone guessed where they thought Matt was going.
I think Grandma Erma guessed California.
I'd say, she is the winner!!!

Ventura, California Mission.
He leaves January 5, 2011
That is only three months away.
Even though Matt got his call on Thursday, he waited
till Friday night at 7:00 to open it.
I thought I would go crazy just having it sitting on
my kitchen table.

I must say, it was well worth the wait.
It was so fun for all of us to gather
for this momentous occasion.

I think everyone was very happy for Matt!
He will make the world's best missionary!

We love you Matt!
You make us proud!

1 comment:

Natalie Monk said...

Mom, I don't think you mentioned anywhere on here what mission he is going to! You might want to add that!! People who stalk you might want to know!! tee hee hee