Monday, June 20, 2011

IF West Stake Youth Conference June 9, 10, & 11 2011




Even though I was released as Stake YW President, I got to attend our Youth Conference.
A few weeks before I was released, Wynn was called to be our Ward Young Men's President. When the bishop extended the call, I immediately cheered because that would mean Wynn would be going to Youth Conference. Well, Bishop remembered my enthusiasm and asked us to be the "Tribal" leaders from our ward after I was released. I was so glad I got to and take part of the spirit that was there. I literally LOVED it!

We had a Book of Mormon theme. I will go. . . I will do. . .

We met at the church on Thursday morning and there we were put into tribes. We then made our flags.

In the Strength of the Lord, we can do all things.
After traveling to our camping spot up by Heise, we were "Commanded" to build a boat. . .
We each got lots of cardboard and 2 rolls of duct tape.
I can't believe how long these boats lasted. We had relays with all the other tribes.
Our tribe did so well.
Not to mention, it was so cold and the kids just had a ball anyway. Isn't it funny that the life guard is all bundled up and all the kids are in their swimming suits. The hot pools were defiantly the HOT spot.
Here is our ward just chill'en while the youth swim.
Yes, it rained and it rained but then we enjoyed the beautiful rainbow.
Here are all the kids in our tribe. They were the best!
The Youth Council sang at the fireside on our first night there. It was beautiful!
Br. Palmer, from BYU-I was our speaker. He brought pictures of
ruins in Mexico. He taught us to trust the Book of Mormon, not
to look for answers elsewhere. He did an amazing job.
The spirit was incredible!!!
After the fireside, we enjoyed a nice campfire. The wood was wet but with a little "scout water" we got it going.
Yes, it was so cold. I froze that night.
On Friday morning we went to different stations and learned about the Book of Mormon.
Here we are lashing together Benjamin's Tower.
At this station we got to "Hold to the rod." We were blind folded and we were to keep hold of the iron rod. There were lots of distractions and if you let go you had to go back and start over.
At each station we first learned about the experience in the Book of Mormon and then we did an activity that helped us learn. After, we did a reflection time.
Such cute girls in our tribe!
Katie Fossum, Kalysa Nebeker and Nicole Spaulding
Our ward did a Liahona experience.
It was amazing.
We learned about all the different
kinds of Liahona's in our lives.
Just a cute back of a sweatshirt.
Here we are making bows and arrows.
Nephi's broken bow story was taught here.
There, Benjamin's tower
was finally erected.
What an impact this made on us!
Cute girls again!!!!
At this activity we did the war chapters of the Book of Mormon.
A huge steal the flag, kind of, game.
A lot of chaos, just like I am sure it was in the Book of Mormon.
You really didn't know who was who and who was
fighting for what.
It proved it's point.
This activity helped us learn what it must of been like
when the world was completely dark for three days
just before Christ came to the America's.
A very effective activity.
We went in the black part of this tent type thing,
and it was completely dark. There was lots of disturbing
noises going on outside.
I could hear a baby crying, it touched me so.
I can't imagine not being able to get to your baby
because it is so dark outside.
Every effective.
Some of our cooks, Carla and Dale Jones.
Aren't they so cute?
Here is Jared Stout.
At this experience, we read Ammons journal then
discussed the cutting off of the arms.
We each got a sword that we wrote something we wanted to bury in
our lives and then we burned it.
Totally amazing!
The spirit was so strong at this station.
Tamla Rencher is my hero!
Of course, a Tug-o-war depicted the finally
battle in the Book of Mormon.
Girls against the boys.
The rope broke right in the middle
and all the kids promptly
fell to their bottoms.
It was hilarious.
Here is my cute husband enjoying the experience with the youth.
The dance under the huge tent, courtesy of
Party Signature Rental.
Thank you so much!
The limbo!
Had the share this picture of a couple of kids dancing up on the
mountain. The real dance was going on right below. Because it
was outside, we could hear the music everywhere.
So much fun.
They played "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus and it made me
miss Matt so much. I guess that is kind of our song.
Weird I know but what can I say?
We have such awesome youth in our Stake. They are so much fun and knowing them gives me so much hope for the future. Youth Conference was a blast!



No comments: