Monday, August 29, 2011


August 29, 2011

hEY MOM!

Good to get your letter. Im so glad things are going so well! And thanks for the card. It really made my day! :) Tell the Kinghorns hi for me! I miss them and love them all!

Ok i have a list of things to write, so bear with me...

Grandma Monk sent me a card and she said she went to Megan Monk's and Davids reception. Did Megan get married? Haha i was just wayy confused. She also sent a picture of her and all her kids. Fun! ;) Haha tell her i loved it!

We got a new elder in our apartment: Elder Dennison from... REXBURG! haha 3 idaho boys tearing it up! :) Its alot of fun. He's a way good missionary, fresh from the MTC.

Ummm... we got to go to a meeting with all the ward mission leaders in the stake and a couple people from the high council and stake presidency. It was so good! They sat and built us up for a bit and then we all talked about ways to help our missionaries. I love to be in this position! Its so much fun, and i love to be a leader. I'm not very good at it, granted, but I love it! :)

A couple weeeks ago we went to see a less-active sister that just moved in, and when we knocked on the door, she cane outside and told us she was hoping we would come over! She is living with her boyfriend and she is pregnant (She has 2 kids from a previous TEMPLE marriage - her husband died) and he has a kid. He wants to learn about the church, and she is 100% committed to come back. She's had a rough go at things lately, but her family in the neighboring ward is SUPER strong. It was such a miracle! And she also asked us to give her a blessing when we met with her and chase least week, so that was a way nectar experience. BLESSINGS!

We went to see a less active brother in our ward as well on saturday. His girlfriend just moved in with him, and she wants to get active in something. They showed us their boat they are fixing, their garden, and their house, loaded us up with veggies, then as we got into the car, they came out and asked for a BOM for Casey. They are WAY solid! It was so cool.

We have been making cookies and giving them to select people in the ward as thank you's and we-really-want-referral gifts. We dropeed some off to our young womens pres. Sis. Meeks last night, and she almost cried! It was so sweet. when you go out of your way to make other people happy, that's when the Lord blesses you. We also gave some to a less active family that has us over to dinner, and they totally loved it! And promptly invited us over for home made burgers! :) Blessings.

yesterday they formed the new YSA ward! It was a 2.5 hour meeting and all the stake people spoke. It was real neat! and way long... But good. Its the biggest ward in California! We cover just our whole zone, and there are 2 other sets of zone leaders that cover their zones. So its a tri-zone, tri-stake ward. Its HUGE! about 1500 people on record, 200ish active. Lots of work! :)

Hmm thats pretty much it.. Pretty busy week! Elder Schiess and I are having tons of fun!

Ummm... Why dont you just put together a paragraph from this letter? Is that ok? I think that would be fine. But i would love to see that newsletter! :)

The scripture thing:

Brown Leather

Small

Gold Pages and lettering " Elder Monk "

Snap cover

Small bag, dark in color, not blue.

The bag is just to keep them nice. I know they have a cover, but yeah, I jiust prefer that. Thanks!!! I love you dearly. Thanks for all the support, and I LOVE YOU!

Also mom.. for my birthday. Could I get some brown socks? Mine are all gone... I feel silly with black one on! Haha thanks mommy! I love you tons! Also tell brooke i will write soon. I dont have time today!!! Tell her i love her and miss them dearly. Thanks

--

Elder Matthew Monk

California Ventura Mission

Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013


Tate in our kitchen.
We live in a private gated apartment complex called Polo Villas.
My District.
Me, Elder Scheiss, Tate, Peacock, Gamache, Prete, Williams, & Lee
Us goofy!
A guy in our YSA ward works at channel 17 and gave us a
tour and took us to lunch. :)
I thought you might laugh at this!
Elder Schiess and I at news channel 17.
A card we made for our ward mission leader, Br. Larson.
Matt & David Morely.
He's leaving on his mission in a week!
He is such a cool kid.

No comments: