Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Monday, Aug. 15, 2011

Hola Mommacita!
Well another great week in the California Ventura Mission! We had tons of fun, and a way eventful week. Let me tell you!
On tuesday we had Zone COnference here at the Fruitvale Building (Our stake center) and it was FANTASIC! President Castro is amazing! We had some great discussions, and I played the piano for the whole meeting. It went really well! Elder Schiess and I taight a lesson on why in the CVM we are a Baptising mission. It went really well! :) We have alot of really good elders and sisters in our zone.
We did alot of good work all week and have been busy LOTS. Ashley is getting baptised this thursday at 8:00! I'm so excited for her! She leaves to go back to New JErsey on Saturday to live with her mom, so we are getting ahold of her bishop there to get some fellowship and get them involved. Good deal!! I'm so happy.
Elder Schiess nad I have been getting along famously! He does get really stressed out, so that's a little tough for me. I don't really know what to do or how to make him feel better, so it's tough. But nothing is bad! We are doing so unbelieveably well!!! :) I"m very happy.
I got a letter from Bridger today! He's in Aachen and having some good times. His German is not the best, but he's doing wel. Surprisingly weird as always! :) I love him. I also got Grandma's letter. I love her! Tell her that i appreciate it, and will write soon.
Hmmm.. We don't have tons of time. We have lots to do! Transfers are next week, and we do all the transfer calls for our zone now, so that is going to be a little hectic. We should probably be emailing around this time for the next while. Today was a little late however.
So i was thinking of things you might send me next time.. I love qoute books like from apostles and prophets and things like that. Just inspirational things.. Ya know? I love your packages! they are manna from heaven! Thank you!
Hmmm. I think that's it! I hop wyou know how much I love you! You are the best mom ever! I always think how lucky I am to have you and Dad at home supporting me. i am so gratful for you both! I love hte church, and I feel so blessed to be able to serve my Heavenly Father for this time. I love you !
P.S. Tell dad to have fun on his new toy! It sounds like a blasty blast! And mom, have you chatted with Victoria lately? Just wondering because I havent heard from her in a long time. No worries though! Love ya!

Elder Matthew Monk
California Ventura Mission
Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

Hey I though you might like to read part of my president's letter. Love ya!


Hi President Castro!

Well, this week was so great. Zone Conference was a blast, and I loved it! I felt the spirit very strongly many times throughout the meeting, and i wrote down alot of impressions. Thamk you for your great example to me and the great Missionaries in our zone! I know it was recieved very well.

We have been really busy the last week. We have continued to teach Ashley, and she is set to get baptised on Thursday, so we are really excited for that! :) Alot of good things are happening in our neck of the woods.

I've been really impressed with how active our members are in helping us in our missionary work. I love to see their enthusuasm for the Gospel and I also love to see them share it with peoeple they love! It's such a blessing. One family has us over at least once a wek to teach their son's best friend. He is progressing very well, and is praying about the book of mormon and baptism. I pray for him daily! :)

I have thought alot this week about the old saying, "What er'e thou art, act well thy part." I think this applies well to me as well us missionaries here in the Great California Ventura Mission. Alot of the time we do not know what we need to be soing or even how to do it, but if we trust in the lord, and "lean not unto our own understanding," He will bless us and guide us. So really, whatever we are (or really whatever our calling is), we should do our best to be that person and magnify our calling. The Lord will fill in the gaps where we fall short. He will protect us and take care of us. He really does love us, and I know he wants us to be happy. I have a testimony of this, and I have seen it grow in the past week from pondering about it and studying. It's great!

Thank you for all you do! Tell Sister Castro, Joseph, Samuel and Hannah Hi for me! I love you all very much,

Elder Matt Monk

No comments: