Monday, August 22, 2011

Matt's letter for Monday, August 22, 2011

Hi Momma!
Well another great week! Only one hang up... Ashley didn't get baptised. Her mom in New JErsey put the hammer down, and she went home on saturday... We had the programs all made and everything ready even! But she has a good foundation and tons of support from her family here and friends, so it's ok. I know it;s the Lord's will, not ours! No worries!
Other than that, it was FANTASTIC! We had a pretty busy week. Lots of finding and teaching, so good. On sunday they dissolved the Kern River Branch (The YSA branch we are in) and they are making a tri-stake singles ward next week. So, we will be covering our whole zone as far as YSA goes, and there will be 4 other missionaries in the ward. They will each cover their respective zones. It's gonna be way fun!!
Have i ever told you about our ward? Its fantastic! The membership is around 600-700ish and about half active. Seriously it looks like our stake conference every sunday! Just a teensy bit smaller. Its way fun! And there are 2 primaries, and such. Its crazy! We have alot of fun remebebering names.
On satuurday night we went to find a less active member that is on the "No hometeacher assigned" list. we had to drive almost 30 minutes out into the wasteland west of Bakes. We got almost to Buttonwillow! But we found her, and she told us that she just got married a year ago, and wants to have missionaries over to teach her and her husband abou the church so they can get something to ground their family. WOO HOO! It was neat.
Tomorrow is transfers and elder Schiess and I get to stay together again!! :) Its good. we are getting a couple new missionaries in our district and zone, so it will be fun to have that happen tomorrow! And ZLC is next week, so thats a blast and a half! I love it! We also get to meet with the zoneleaders in the area tomorow night with the stake president and President Castro, so that will be fun.
I'm glad blake is out! If you can tell him congrats for me! I love that man! Nad get his mission address for me from his mom, would you? Thanks!
Umm.. i was thinking abou the scripture thing.. If you wouldn't mind finding a simple case for it, that would be much appreciated, preferrably blak or dark brown. Thanks! And if you wouldn't mind leaving them in the box, i would like that! Thanks momma! I sure do appreciate all that you do for me. It's such a blessing to have my mom behind me 100% of the way. And the rest of the family too! Thats a blessing.
Could I also request 1 more thing? I would LOVE pictures and prints. I love the email ones, but hard copies would be sweet. I have a pretty big photo album that i got at a thrift store for a nickel, so i can keep them. :) I just like to have them! Especially Ems and Cammo! :0 I love them! Send my love
Well, I think thats it for me! We had a great week. The church is true! It never cease to amaze me. I hope you know how much I love you! Good luck at school!
--
Elder Matthew Monk
California Ventura Mission
Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: