Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Monday, Dec. 19, 2011


Dear Mom!
 
Well I'm glad you got my email. Haha!  It took me a while, so i was hoping you would like it. SOunds like Christmas is in full swing at the monk house! WOO! I'm so happy for ya'll. Yes I did get the package! Thanks so much. The presents are under the tree. I did watch the DVD though! Haha mom... that's so you. I wish you would have done pics from the whole year! But i love it all the same. I will give the Johnson's your number. They'll be in touch! :) As a zone leader we just oversee the zones affairs and do numbers and report them to the assistants and all that stuff. As a district leader i have a district meeting each wednesday morning and we do exchanges with them. We also do exchanges with all the district leaders in our zone (2 other beside me). Its alot of fun! Let me tell you about our week..........
 
Monday: P Day. Pretty relaxed, nothing crazy. Shopping laundry, etc. \
 
Tuesday: The assistants came and did exchanges with us. We were with elder Cuartas who is going home next week. It was really good! We put passalong cards n businesses and stuff, so it was exciting! :)
 
Wednesday: Exchanges with Olive Knolls. I got to ride a bike all day. Pretty fun! We had a good exchange. Elder Denison is from Rexburg.
 
Thursday: Exchanges with Highland Manor. Pretty good. The elder I was with is really blah and doesn't care alot... So our day was kinda blah too. No big deal!
 
Friday: (Weekly Planning) We get a call at 9:30 that one of our missionaries is freaking out on the other and we need to get there ASAP. We run over and they had gotten into a fistfight and one had called the police. We listened to both sides and called president Castro. He told us to let the Police sort it out and call him as soon as they left. We wait and the police come and read them both the riot act, an tell them if it happens a gain they are both going to jail. We call president, we go on an exchange with them until he can get ahold of SAlt Lake to make a decision. I take the one to an urgent care place because he thought his arm was broken. 5 1/2 HOURS LATER we leave with no damage done. President Calls and tells us to bring them to Oxnard by 930 in the morning (The morning of Chase's baptism at 2).
 
Saturday: We drive down (Leave by 6) and president meets with them individually and together, then us, then all of us. They called their parents and ex[plained what happened and president told them it would be ok to be together until he got ahold of another General Authority to make a decision. We drive home and pull up to the church at 1:58 (no joke) and Chase GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!! IT was so amazing. He took me aside and said how he owed it all to me and how much he loves me. It wasn't me! It was the Lord. I am SOO blessed. We took the missionaries home and went to dinner with Chase and Angela, then started to do our weekly planning at the church (Saturday - 7 pm). President Calls and says that he talked to a GA and the elders couln't be together to do an exchange ASAP. We get them and go. President calls at 10:30 and tells elder Udy that the one he's with is going home the next morning, not to tell, and to call me in the morning.
 
Sunday: The next morning he gets his stuff packed and we take him to a church in the so stake and a senior couple takes him straight toLA. We went to our PEC, then take the missionary to the church, then go confirm Chase (He said the spirit was SO strong! He cried too!) One of our Less Active members that hasen't been to church for almost 15 years came to church yesterday! Afer Sacrament (Which we caught the tail end) he was on his way out and had a seizure in the foyer, so we took him outside and sat him on the curb. He started having harder ones, and Chase's mom (Who is not a member and goes to an anti- mormon church) came and helped him. It was so nice! Garrett was ok (It's a routine thing) and he said how much he enjoyed church.Afterwords, chase's mom gave us both big hugs and expressed so much joy for Chase and Angela. She said she has been praying for this for a long time! :) Such a miracle. then go to the Snow ward's ward council (Elder Garns of the 70 as there visiting! :O Woah!) then to their Sacrament, home for some lunch, back for preisthood , over to the So Stake center for YSA correlation, then president calls the other elder we were with and tells him he's leaving in the morning to get transferred to Santa Barbara. We got to 2 dinners (Filet mignon, and tri-tip), then pack the other elder up, go to bed, get up, take him to the church, and 2 other missionaries took him down this morning. 
 
And that takes us to now! Whew! What a crazy week! Probably the craziest of my mission! Maybe even my life! We have sent home 2 missionaries in 2 weeks. The snow ward has gone through 4 missionaries in 11 weeks. Holy COws.
 
So Chase had  an amazing experience. I for got to bring my camera this morning, but i will send you some pics later. They look so cute!!!!!!!!! I love them so much. I can't believe the changes that have happened for them! It has been so quick. AGGHHHHH! I love them. Alot of miracles this week! Thanks for the package! I love you all so much. I can't wait to talk on christmas! I'm lookin forward to it alot. Tell everyone i love them!
 
 Love,

Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: