Monday, December 5, 2011

Matt's news


Monday, December 5, 2011

Hi Mom!!!

Well, it was another amazing week in the Great California Ventura Mission! Bakersfield is on fire, and I love life. My companion is good, and we are having a ton of fun together. We loved the SpongeBob pillowcases!!!! Thanks so much. :) That’s why I love you!

Soo.... This week was crazy. Monday (as I’m sure you heard) I broke 2 big mirrors at beehive book, then on Wednesday I broke a big table full of books at beehive. But wait, it gets better! Thursday we were on exchanges and i was driving our car and drifted over into a median and bent up the plastic hub cap on the car.. Yikes! Then I accidentally drank elder Udy's milk from the carton and butchered the piano during elder’s quorum in the YSA ward. WhoooO! Crazy week. Satan works hard! But I  kick him in the face and kept going.

Other than that, it’s been a good one!! We helped Garrett in our ward work on his bathroom. You both would have cringed, because he always says,” It’s good enough!” or "You won't be able to see it!" and so it’s hard. But its looking good, and we gave him a blessing. Crazy thing - While I was putting oil on his head, he had a seizure. Satan was doing everything he could to stop that blessing! But we gave it to him, and afterwards he said that he felt ALOT better! WOO! Blessings.

Last Monday we got to give a blessing at one of the hospitals, then on Wednesday we got to give another one! It’s crazy because the hospitals are owned by other churches. One is Adventist, and the other is Catholic. Its fun! One we gave was in the ICU, so we had to suit up and everything. Fun!

We had zone conference on Tuesday and I thought of you! :) I love you! At Zone Conference we got new phones (nicer!) and a little black box in all our cars that monitors our driving speeds and stuff. It also makes calls I found out! (On accident I called Jessica. its like an on star thing.) His name is Tiwi, because that’s what’s written on it.

We had a meeting with President Castro to discuss a missionary in our zone. He blew out his knee and went home, came back too early, and is now needing to go home. This time they won't let him come back. So that’s too bad, but it’s for the best. Work is really hard for him.

Angela came to church yesterday with the kids! And Katie bore her testimony! How cute. Angela’s phone also went off and I'm pretty sure it was Pink. Natalie will tell you who that is. haha! Chase is still on track for the 17th! I can hardly wait. He gets home from work on Thursday and is getting interviewed that night. WOOOO! He is a stud. Keep them in your prayers!

We got a new investigator in the YSA ward - Corinna - and she is quitting smoking and is working to get baptized on the 31st. YEAHHH!!!

I went on exchanges with Elder Lifungula this week. He is from Oregon (Actually the Congo in Africa, and was adopted. Very cool story! I’ll TELL YOU SOMETIME.) But we had a ton of fun! :) He’s as black as they come!

We are going to Ventura tonight for ZLC, so that will be fun. I love it!

I'm glad that Austin is doing well! I LOVE HIM! He's my best friend too. :)

Well, I think that’s about it! If there’s anything I forgot, just let me know. I love you a million!



Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: