Wednesday, November 30, 2011


Today the phone rang and the caller ID said the call was from 
Beehive Book.  I answered and the lady asked if I was Sister Monk. 
 I said yes and she said she was Sister Ricks from Beehive Book 
 in Bakersfield, California.  Oh my, my heart sank! 
 Yip, she said Elder Monk had helped her decorated her
store for Christmas today.  She went on and on about how 
much she loves my son and what a great missionary he is.
She even asked if she could adopt him!  My response was
he is not available for adoption.  It sure felt good to visit
with her and to know that Matt is doing well.
She thanked me for raising such a wonderful son
and for his service.  
Thank goodness for the Gospel and for
other Mother's that know what it is like
to have a missionary in the mission field.



No comments: