Monday, November 21, 2011

This week letter from Matt


Monday, November 21, 2011

Dear Mom!

Well it's good to hear from you! This week has been good. Elder Udy has been out 17 months and was a zone leader in Simi Valley, so he's pretty solid. He is way fun! We get along super well! He's from Cache Valley Logan area. I haven’t got the package (Unless it came today - We've been out).  Gift cards would be awesome. Or even better, you could just put some cash in my debit account, and I could get those supplies/ pants. Thanks mom!  I thought long and hard over what I should ask you for, but I don't really want anything. I already have so much and I am so blessed, what more could I want?? But those things would help. I would love a candle warmer though. It sounds way weird, but elder Schiess loved candles, and I guess I got it from him. haha!

So for this week! Well, we had transfers on Tuesday and we barely got our rides figured out by about 10:30 Monday night, and it was crazy. Bro. Deason from our ward (He served here 15 yrs ago!) took olive knolls down. We had a good transfer meeting (I lead the music... badly) and then elder Denison (Olive Knolls) couldn’t find his new comp. We talked to president and he told us he was having some anxiety issues and we would be in a threesome for a couple days. Yikes! We went home and elder Baratta joined us on Thursday evening. We were happy to get him! He is a good missionary, just a little scared of being in charge. He replaced me in Carpentaria and was companions with elder Searcy. He is way nice.

 Did you get that photo from the Swainstons? Haha that was a wild night. I accidentally left my pass along BOM outside when we were playing with the dog and he ate it! haha

We met with Chase and Angela twice this week and we are meeting with them today! They are great! We also helped them clean out their garage. It was fun to work with them! They are the sweetest people ever! He is getting baptized on the 17th of December! We are soo excited! He is gold. 

We got to chip tile out of a kitchen and entryway on Saturday! It was crazy hard and we had these big vibrating shovel things, haha I’m way sore, but it was a lot of fun! It was a member family in the ward, the Issertels. They are so sweet! We have some awesome members. Then later that day we put up Christmas lights for the Deasons. MY DREAM! Haha it was fun!

We had a Thanksgiving feast at the YSA word on Friday night. It was a lot of fun! And I got to hang out with elder Schiess. We have a great ward, and out Bishop and his wife are AMAZING!!!! I'll get a picture with them. We talked to Joey about coming, but he had family stuff. But he's reading the BOM and praying, so he is on track! He's going to be gone to Santa Cruz for 2 weeks, but we'll meet with him soon.

I got the newsletter! Thanks so much. And for the little loving you sent. I really appreciate it. Its was good to hear from everybody! Sounds like they are doing well. 

I got elder Moore  a birthday present on Saturday. He was born in New Zealand and we have a world market store, so I got him Tim-Tams and some Australian licorice, and he LOVED it! I'm working on him! :)

I had a doctor’s appt with Bishop Kesler today and he took some ultrasounds on my feet and I have plantar filitis or something like that, so he prescribed me some anti-inflammatory and is having some special insoles made for me. He is the coolest guy ever! We had dinner with their family last night. They are the sweetest ever. They have pictures of their family's feet up on their walls! My kind of people! :)

 My feet have been bothering me for about 2 months or so. I think its just a normal thing, he told me my shoes were fine, but that its like tendonitis in your heels. It just makes walking really sucky. It’s just a dull constant pain in my heels. But it’s ok! I'll get those pills today and be on them for a month or two then get those insoles in a couple weeks. He is good.

Why did Dad and Nat go to Phoenix? Update me! Glad you had fun at Zone Conference! I can’t wait for the socks and sweater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I love you. We're having thanksgiving at the Schafers (Bishop YSA) and then at the Swainstons (1st counselor Rosedale), so we will be taken care of! Deep Pit turkeys at the swainstons! :) :) Love it! Let me know how everyone's doing! I love you all.

P.S. The Church is MOST DEFINITELY true. No Doubt. 

Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: