Monday, November 28, 2011

From Matt

Matt's new address after Dec. 12 is:
Elder Matthew Monk
California Ventura Mission
3301 West Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA 93036



Monday, November 28, 2011

Hey Mom!

Well it was a good week. Sorry! We don't have lots of time.

I was thinking about Christmas. I would love a new camera! I know it’s a lot to ask, but mine had been having trouble. Maybe if someone is getting a new one i could just steal their old one? Or you could get a refurbished one? Just an idea. Don't worry about it though. That’s the only thing I could think of that a really want. But no worrries.

We met with Chase and Angela a couple of times this week! They are so sweet. We had our Ward Mission Leader Bro. Johnson come with us, and it was a great lesson! Chase is gone to work for the next 2 weeks, then he is getting baptized on the 17th!! He is right on track and absolutely SOLID. I can't wait!!! I am so happy.

Sister Ricks (The lady who owns beehive) gave us a tree for our apartment! It is awesome. You would love it! We helped the Swainstons decorate their tree on Thanksgiving and they gave us some poop to put on ours. Fun! I'll add pictures. (In the Swainstons pic - Sis Sainston, Nathan, Sarah, Mandy, Me Bro Swainston.)

We have been doing a PMG activity with some members, watching PMG videos and it is AWESOME! You should ask the missionaries to show you the district 2. You would love it!!

We had thanksgiving at the Scafers (Bishop of the YSA ward) and the Swainstons. It was a ton of fun! 

There was a baptism in our zone on Saturday - a 72 year old black ex preacher! He is in a motor scooter and they had to have 2 missionaries help him get baptized! It was such a sweet experience!

I did get the package! Thank you so much! I love the wallflower and the apple cider. MMM! Thanks so much mom! It means so much to me. You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!

Well, I think that’s it! I hope I covered everything. My feet are... struggling. But it's ok! I’m on an anti-inflammatory and I’m getting insoles. Its good! We're working on it. I'm so blessed! You can cut and paste some stuff together for the newsletter. Or remind me next week and I can write something then. Thanks mom!

For the mission office stuff, just make sure everyone who sends stuff knows that it's changing soon. Thanks so much! I love you!

Have a swell week! I love you tons.

Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013


This is a picture outside our apartment! It gets super foggy in the morning here. Its so cool! :)







No comments: