Monday, November 14, 2011


November 14, 2011

Hi Mom!

Ok for this week! Well, lots has happened... Here's the low down! We had a great lesson with Don and Karen (Our old Catholics) and watched a Mormon Message with them. It was so good! I love them lots.

A girl from our YSA ward went to Rexburg and Idaho Falls this week! She used to work at the mall. There are so many Idaho Connections here! Our ward mission Leader is from Rexburg! :0 I love it.

We tracked into a 20 year old kid a couple weeks ago, had a lesson with him on Thursday, and he came to church on Sunday! He is also going to FHE tonight, so we are excited! His name is Joey.

It was our Stake conference yesterday! It was so good. They talked about missionary work, so everyone is basically on fire! We are so excited! Chase and Angel were there, and Chase LOVED IT! He has to move his date back a couple weeks because he didn't know about coffee, but he dropped it immediately and is on track!! You should put their names in the temple if you get a chance. THANKS!! And Angela is getting refellowshipped too!! WOOOO!

President Castro is awesome. I love him. HE couldn’t come to Stake conference yesterday because a missionary in Oxnard dove to catch a Frisbee and shattered his jaw and knocked out 10 teeth. He had to have surgery and his mom came out. He has to go home, but only for 6-8 weeks.

You said you wanted a Christmas list? Well, I puzzled until my puzzler was sore, and I couldn’t think of anything I want. But some things that I could use....
-New Razors and Shaving stuff
-Shaving cream
-Old Spice Body Wash (Cypress - it's in a white bottle) + the matching deodorant
-A Toothbrush
-Toothpaste
-Shampoo
-The old "olive Colored" flowery tie from my closet, if it's still there
-a 2012 calendar (You could make one with pictures of the family and friends on the i photo stuff? That would be fun)
-Maybe a candle warmer? We have a bunch, but we can't have fire (Mission rule) and our apartment reeeeeks.
-a sweater that you knitted me
-socks that you knitted me

If I got some of that stuff, it would be super sweet! That would be a load off my back, and very much appreciated! :) But do whatever you feel. Thanks so much! You are the best family ever!

For the Thanksgiving Package Situation, I would LOVE some Christmas Music. Anything is good, as long as it's not bad. haha! Just use your good judgment.. If you can feel the spirit while listening to it, then its ok. And usually if they are Christmas hymns (Angels we have heard on high, etc) then its ok. I REALLY WANT SOME CHRISTMAS MUSIC! Thanks so much momma!

Ok so to answer your questions: Transfers are every 6 weeks, so tomorrow is transfer Tuesday. Elder Schiess is going to the South Bakersfield Stake (We are both Zone Leaders, and I'm also a district leader) and I am getting a new companion - Elder Udy - he's a zone leader already too, and he's way cool! I’m excited, but WAY sad to leave elder Schiess. :(

WEll, that’s about it from here! I love you and miss you! Call me soon. HAHA Don't call me! that’s illegal! I'm glad you like my camera! Use it every so often! Just don't drop it in the toilet :) Thanksgiving we are just eating at member’s homes. It will be fun! Haha i love you! Have a good one.

Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: