Monday, April 16, 2012

from Matt - April 16, 21012


Monday, April 16, 2012

Hi Mom!

 MONICA AND RACHEL are both getting baptized on Saturday! We went to the Weavers for a lesson and to prep Monica for her interview that was later that night, and after we finished going through the questions, Monica asked Rachel if she wanted to say anything, and she paused and said, "...Yeah... I think I’m ready!" So we went straight to the church and they both got interviewed and passed!! WOOO! So we set up the service and got everything organized, and EB and I will be doing the confirmations. :) I'm so happy! I think I've said it before, but when there are the greatest challenges (Companions, work, etc.) there are the greatest blessings. I know I am just trying my best to be obedient and diligent, and I think the Lord recognizes that, and gives according to faith. It's nothing we've done, its just the Lord working through us. I AM SO BLESSED.

I got both the packages on Saturday! THANKS SO MUCH! And I did get the one from the Kinghorns. Tell them I love them! I loved the pictures and the tie and the daily note thing-very inspirational. Thank you so much! You are the best mom!

I think you should get a tape recorder! It sounds like Bridger has one, and I think that would be a ton of fun. If you do, record a bunch of stuff THEN send it! :) Remember I suggested this with Elder Schiess! It would be fun...!

I did get some music from sis. Ricks, but could you send the Relections CD's? Both would be nice if you could... (Reflection of Christ, and another testament) and originals are preferred... I take good care of all my CDs! and we're not supposed to have copys.

In my old room there should be a tie in the closet - remember the ugly olive colored one with flowers? Will you find it and send it PLEASE? There is a couple that are investigating (John and Michelle King) that have competitions on who has the ugliest tie, and it would WIN! Haha I told them about it and they want to see it. If you can - no worries.

I'll fill out the questionnaire and send it home today.

The mail should be OK... I don't know what happened. But I think you'll be fine from now on! :) Thanks so much for your patience. 

I loved the newsletter! It sounds like everyone is doing awesome! :) Send my love please.

Teaching has been picking up. We have gotten a lot of referrals, so that is exciting. We are going to start teaching a guy in the bishops (Of Bar Valley) house, so that wioll be a blessing. A senior in the Golden hills ward invited his friend Kayleigh to take the lessons, and she is, and she says she is going to get baptized! So exciteing. The work here is doing so well! People have been basically coming to us and saying, "Can I get Baptized?" It is one miracle after another! Thanks for all your prayers! keep em coming! To add to your temple list:

John King
Michelle King
Monica Evans
Rachel Evans
Andres Lauriault
Lonnie Minor
Seth Minor

I think thats it for right now. Thank you for doing that! We cant go to the temple, so its nice of you to do this for us. LOVE YOU!

Well, I think that’s it! We had a massive snow storm friday and saturday - I'll attach some pics. It wasn’t too bad in Tehachapi, but up in BV it was SICK! We had fun.

I love you!
--
Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013


Snowy trees!

Me in a members driveway! LOOK AT THE SNOW!

The road we were on

our new truck!


snowy trees
snowy trees

No comments: