Monday, May 7, 2012

From Matt ~ May 7th, 2012


Hey Mom!

Well, Mothers Day!! I’m actually excited, haha! That's usually not the case... Like I said at Christmas, it's just a lot of stress and all that, but I'm looking forward to it! We'll be calling from John and Michelle King's house at about 5 or 5:30, so 4 or 4:30 your time. :) 

I sent you a Mothers day present today! I hope you like it. It's not too special, but you'll like it! HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!!!! :)

Sooo, I got a new companion, Elder Stratton from Bountiful. He's a way nice guy! WAYYYYY easy to work with, and I'm lovin' that. Sarcastic and funny, so no complaints here. And we have conversations!!! WE TALK!!! It’s a blessing. He reminds me A LOT of Brennan,
 so that’s fun, it’s like being with Elder Jackson.

We had dinner with a family - The Handy's - this week, and right afterwards, Bro. Weaver set an appointment up for us to meet a potential investigator at the church (She was going to a Relief Society thing, and agreed to meet us). We too the husband because this lady taught their daughter in school, and LOVED HER! It was an awesome lesson, she has had the lessons like 6 times she says, and LOVEs it, but cant wrap her head around the idea of us getting planets when we die? Hahah crazy ideas. We set her a baptismal date of June 9, right after school is out, and she accepted!! WOO! Miracle! Then... we hoofed it to the Kings, and taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and asked them what they thought they should do now, and John said, "I need to be baptized." :O WOOOAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We tried to set a date, but they said they still want to discuss some stuff, but john said, "I will be baptized. I know that's what i need to do." Michelle was also way positive, so I think the prayers have been paying off!!!!!! THEY ARE GOING TO GET BAPTIZED!!! They are my ULTIMATE goal this transfer. It's like a challenge... I have to get them baptized... They were dubbed, "Eternigators" and have been meeting with missionaries for 2 years. Since we have gotten here, they have been coming to church actively, and keeping commitments. WOW. They've never done that before! It is a strong testimony to the power of prayer and the power of obedience. All we do when we teach is teach the lessons. No "this" or "that" just pure simple doctrine. That has been the best at answering their questions.

We've had a pretty good week. On Saturday morning we haled an older couple dig trenches for a sprinkling system (The ground here is like clay... so tough!), then we helped bro. Waring put chicken wire around a dog run so Sis. Waring can have chickens. Haha! We're keeping busy! 

We met with Andres Lauriault (Loreo) and taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and gave him a blessing to quit smoking. We talked to him yesterday at church and he said he's still doing it - 4 cigs a day - so that means he can't get baptized the 26th. But he still wants to! He just has to kick the habit before he can do it! hahaha! But things have been going so well. I am so blessed!!!!!!!!! 

I hope things are going well for you! Thanks for getting those CD's! Don't delay in sending it now... :) hahah! Thanks for all you do for me... It doesn't go unnoticed! I love you so much! Your bedroom looks great! I'll write a letter to grandma today.  I love you bunches!


--
Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: