Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I can't believe this day is over and now all I am doing is blogging about it.  
I'm kind of sad that the day has come to a close. 

Of course, the highlight was being able to talk to our missionary, Matt.  As a Mom of a missionary, I dream of talking to him all the time.  What would I say?  How will he react?  Is he doing okay?  Is he loving life?  Oh, so many questions and so little time.

I was so glad our whole family was there to welcome his call.  

It was starting to get late and he hadn't called yet.  Then, the phone rang!  I jumped and ran. . .   It wasn't him but it was one of the ward missionaries from the ward he is serving in.  Oh my, she said such nice things about our Matt.  I don't think I said but two words, she just talked and talked.  The two words I did say was thank you.  She said how she had prayed for a good set of missionaries and when Matt and  his companion showed up, they were the ones.  Oh my, it was so good to hear such great things about my son and even on Mother's Day!  Totally warmed my heart.  After we hung up, the wait was on again!  The phone finally did ring and there was my Matt with that contagious laugh that I have been missing.  He sounded so good and so happy!  We enjoyed visiting with him on speaker phone. Everyone could hear and it was so much fun.  I miss that kid so much!  I could feel of his growth and his love for his mission and the gospel.  As our conversation came to an end, I love this part, Wynn said a prayer and blessed our whole family.  It felt so good  having Matt there with us praying.  My heart is full and I feel so blessed.  Having a missionary is a HUGE blessing.  I feel it in my life each and every day.

(I already can't wait for his e-mail tomorrow!)



Today really was a fun day!  Steven, Brooke and the kids came to church with us.  I even got to take Emily to her primary class.  Such simple pleasures that mean so much.  As we sat in sacrament meeting and I watched Steve and Brooke wrestle with those darling little ones, my mind went back to when my kids were little.  It feels like it wasn't so long ago (then, I look in the mirror).  I remember one Mother's Day a long time ago.  Actually, it was the Saturday before Mother's Day and I was sitting at the desk in the kitchen and in walked my teenage son, Steve, with a red rose and a card.  The card even said that he loved me.  I just remember that because it meant so much to me. My teenage son remembered me on Mother's Day!  Isn't it funny what you remember the very most?

What I loved the most about Mother's Day:

That my Mom could come spend the day with us!  She even brought her famous potato salad.
I love you Mom, you mean the world to me.  

That my kids could all be here.  I love when we can all get together.  I just love my family so much.  




I got the best Mother's Day gifts, I just have to share. . . 

Natalie gave me an eternity necklace.  Isn't it just beautiful?  It has all my kids birthstones on it. 
It just mean so much to me.  She even made dessert!  You are the bomb Nat!  I love ya.


Sam and Hailey gave me a  hanging strawberry plant.  Oh my gosh, what a wonderful idea!
I love it, I can't wait to pick those plump, sweet, berries off this plant.  (Eight weeks and they will welcome their sweet little baby girl into their home.  I can hardly wait to meet her).

Brooke, Steven and the kids gave me this darling basket full of cute things.  You see, I collect Teddy Bears and BINGO, this basket was full of them.  Such cute things, I don't know where they found them but they sure tickled my fancy! 



Last Thursday, I received a package in the mail from Matt.  A sister in his ward gave him the popouri things you see above to send to his Mother for Mother's Day.  Wasn't that so kind of her?  These are hand made out of dried oranges, bay leaves and cinnamon sticks.  The wreath has lavender on it.  They are so cute and I feel blessed that I was thought of.  


My Mom gave me a matt to dry my dishes on.  I already have dishes drying on it as we speak.  I think it is going to work great!  I love it!  (She even gave me some $.  I think I'll go buy me a new shirt).  

I know, I know, you are dying to find out what Wynn gave me.  Everyone kept asking and here you go. . .   He gave me the best gift of all times.  Let me tell you about it. . . 

So there was this Quilting Shop Hop thingy going on.  Oh, I really wanted to go.  It's kind of addicting.
As you can see on the schedule below, there were 14 shops, from Wyoming, Idaho and Utah.  Yip, Wynn took me to each and everyone of them.  Well, I did the ones in Idaho Falls, Rexburg, and Rigby but for two week ends, he drove me to these shops and waited patiently in the car while I browsed.  So, for two week-ends in a row, we went on road trips.  It was a blast!  I got lots of great ideas and I can't wait to spend the summer at my sewing machine.  I know that yesterday, he really wanted to say home and work on getting the old fence down so we can put up a knew one and the weather was suppose to be gorgeous but, he spent the day with me in the car driving all over the country side.  I couldn't be more happy, it was the perfect gift, the gift of time (and gas!)


2 comments:

Monk Family said...

It really was a wonderful mother's day! Thanks for all you do, we just love you so much!! Happy Tuesday!

Sherlene said...

I loved reading your blog today. Your cute little gbabies and the cute dress and skirt you made your little gdaughter.Have a great week we are just about out of school!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved all your Mother's Day gifts. Love ya Sherlene