Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012 from Matt


Here's my presidents letter, it goes over the last week. I love you tons momma Monk! :)
 
 
Dear President Castro,
 
I was a great week here in Tehachapi! Elder Stratton and I are geting along great, and we have been blessed with many people to teach! We are so blessed, and I feel like we see more miracles each and every day.
 
 I am very glad to be able to serve these people up here, and I feel blessed to have this oppertunity to learn and to grow. I feel like in the last 8 or 9 weeks that  have changed alot.. I've been able to carve some of the negative things out of my life and replace them with more positive, uplifting things. It's strange to step back from you life and evaluate where you came from, where you are, and where you're going and see the very evident areas that are good, and those that are maybe.. less good. I feel lke I've become alot more temperate, and patient, and have been able to increase my teaching skills, and knowlege of the scriptures. Wow! It is just what I have needed.
 
I think the highlight of our week (for me) was Friday. We had a dinner appt. that night with John and Michelle and a lesson. Wereally wanted them to set a date for baptism, so on thursday night we decided to fast for them. We did, and worked very hard all Friday. It was a good day. Right before dinner we broke our fast with prayer, then had dinner. John and Michelle are great! they are so willing to learn, and so ready! John reads 10 Chapters every morning in the Book of Mormon. He really wants to know! We invited them to be baptized, and set a date.. They both said yes, but didn't want to set a date. Haha! We had a great lesson with them, and I think our fast will continue to work mircales in their lives. (Or at least help us to see miracles with them.) They did commit to read and pray to know if the church is true, so we have made alo of progress with them. I love them so much.
 
The work goes forward here! Thanks for all you do, and please send my love to everybody. I love you!
 
Elder Monk




Hi Mom!
 
Well,I sure enjoyed our phone call together! I love you so much, and I do miss calling you and talking. You have always been my best friend. I LOVE YOU MOM! You are the best. :)

 Here's some pictures!!



 We got lost on the way to a members house for dinner (They live in the boonies!) and we were in some beautiful country. Thousands of huge oak trees and feilds... It was nice!


 This wizard guy was on the doorstep of a 
house we tracted! Haha 2 Nephi 18:19.. look it up! :)


  I dont know if you can read the sign - It says, "Caution, low flying aircraft" 
haha! What a clever house number! :)




 Here's Elder Stratton for you! In front of the cool airplane thing.


Me in front of the plane! Haha








Well mom, I hope you know that I love you! You are the greatest. You're always in my prayers! I'll talk to you again in 7 mo. I love you!!

No comments: