Monday, January 10, 2011

Dropping Matt off at the MTC

Today we took Matt to the MTC.
Bitter sweet!
The MTC sign in front of the MTC building is gone.
I was so disappointed.
I have pictures of Natalie and Sam by that sign but
not Matt. We had to go up by the Provo, Temple.
Steven went straight from I.F. to England so I
don't have a picture of Steven by that sign either but
I was sure looking forward to having one of Matt there.
Just a little change of plans.
It was a beautiful, cold January morning.
Jan. 5th, 2011



Matt was so excited and ready to go.
A day we have been praying for for a long time.
A dream come true!
My last child is leaving the nest.
My house is going to be so quiet now.
I'm not only going to miss Matt but all of his
friends too. Oh, they are all such good kids.
After we went up to the temple and took pictures,
we went to lunch at the Old Spaghetti factory.
We had a nice lunch and spent our last few hours together.
Matt wouldn't be Matt if there wasn't some
clowning around. . .
Such neat kids, we are so blessed!
Here we are on the way to the MTC.
I'm secretly holding my breath.
Matt is telling me to please don't cry!
I tried but I just couldn't do it as you can tell.
The welcoming Elders there just took Matt's
suitcases and shock his hand and welcomed him
to the Provo MTC and then he just turned and
left. Didn't even look back.

I couldn't be more proud!
He will be an amazing missionary.

Wynn, Natalie and I then went and did a session at the
Provo temple. Wynn and I have never been to that
temple before so it was fun to see it and I so
enjoyed seeing all the missionaries there.
All the way home I thought of Matt.
Our life is in for a change.
I guess I can greet it with a smile and embrace it
or I can be miserable. I'm going to be so busy
that the time is going to go by so fast.
I'm just waiting for that first letter.
I just want to know that he is happy.

I love you Matt!

1 comment:

Meek Family said...

Matt looks so mature and missionaryish. He will do a great work. You have such an amazing family. We really look up to you.