Monday, October 8, 2012

From Elder Monk!


Monday, October 8th, 2012

Hi Mom!

Well, thanks for the birthday wishes! I love you and thanks for supporting me! I bet you already sent the package, I was hoping you could send me contact solution too, but its ok. It’s just super expensive and I’m running out. But no worries! I did get a package from Victoria on sat. It was really nice! Just a bunch of treats and balloons. 

I talked to President Castro about college last week, and he called BYU-I and got me another deferment, but he told me that if I want I can go to the Spring one, all I need to do is call them before that semester starts, but I can decide that later. So everything is on track! I'm all set. Tell Victoria thanks!! And thank you too!

The Estradas are doing well! We met with them briefly last week, and she was pretty distracted, her kids were acting up. She said they might come top conference or watch it, so we'll have to see how that was! They are kinda non-committal, but there is definitely a desire there and they like us! So that’s a plus.

We're trying to get a ride to take us to the temple this week or next week, pray for us! We can go because it's my birthday. I can't wait! I miss going to the temple so much.. I can't wait until I can go more regularly! It really is a blessing in my life and our family's life.

That’s sad to hear about Uncle Sam! Send my love to everyone. He will definitely be missed! :(

Also cool that Tom got married! I got an announcement a while ago! That’s fun.

Conference was so good! I loved every minute of it! I am so thankful for a living prophet! Everytime I look at him or one of the Brethren, I think, "I wonder if they've talked with God or Jesus Christ face to face?" Haha kinda a silly thought, but I wonder...! I know they are called of God! The last two days were one of revelation. 

Things are good for me! I can't complain. Let me know how life is, and I hope to hear from you soon! I love you!

--
Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 -

No comments: