Monday, April 11, 2011

Hola Mommie!

Well, i loved your letter! Thanks so much for being amazing, and always being there for me. I miss Ems so much! Give her loves from me.

Well this week... Hmmm. What do you want to hear?

We've already had miracles from our 40 day fast. Not one day has been without at least one person (besides us) fasting! Wow! That's a chore! Haha! This last week has seemed so busy, and i think that is because of the fast. We drop in on people all the time, and they invite us in, and we teach a lesson! That hardly ever happens! (And it's rare to be actually BUSY. We had appointments overlapping! I know that doesnt sound good, but it made me pretty happy!!)

We got a referral last monday from a sister in the ward. We contacted her on tuesday, had a lesson, then had another lesson on wednesday. She said she would come to church when we dropped by on saturday, and Sis. Magnussen the relief society pres. went to pick her up. She said she slept late and couldnt come... We'll keep trying though!! She is an artist, and very good! She is very "spiritual" as alot of artists are here... But thats also ok! :)

We went to the placensia's on saturday night to make sure they weren't partying or drinking... and they were. CRAP!! So technically, we went to a party on saturday night. there was alot of jack daniels and beer, but we just has diet coke, so it's ok right? :) Haha no, they were pretty sober. Their uncle JoJo was there, and he was PLASTERED, but was (uncharacteristically) nice to us. Xavier said he was still coming to church with anthony, but they didn't show up. I even texted them, but no answer.. :( We gave them a talk by Hyrum W. Smith, the 1st California Ventura mission pres. about why the Lord chose 1820 to appear to Joseph. It was the only time it could have survived on the earth after the great apostasy! There was NOT religious freedom in america then. It's really good!

I also talked in Sacrament meeting yesterday on the Restoration with a missionary from Lompoc who just got back from the SAlt Lake City North mission. He did really well, and i really liked my talk :)

We had dinner at the Espinoza's last night. Bro Espinoza is from here, and Sister Espinoza is from the North Island in New Zealand! She has the COOLEST accent! I told her that's where sam served, and she lamented his being called to the Southern mission. Haha! They are so cool!

Umm... if you havent sent the package yet, could i ask you a really big favor?? You know that in California, no one isulates their home, unless it's new. So, the homes over about 100 years have no insulation, especially upstairs... Kindof like our home! 131 years old and no insulation. It's been uncharacteristically cold for california, especially at night, and I FREEZE! So I was wondering if you might send that down comforter that Natalie gave me. I know it;s big, but it squishes down REALLY small if you put it in a bag. :) I'm sorry if i ask too much! (Sheepish grin)

Well, it think that's all i have to say! I hope you all know how much I love you and think about you! I'm loving the mission, and i LOVE sharing the Gospel with people! Tell Natalie that i still have the letter she wrote me when she gave me my Preach My Gospel, and that i taped it into it, so i can read it often! I love you all so much! I hope you have a magic week!

Love, Elder Monk

(sorry, no pictures today!)


No comments: