Monday, April 25, 2011

Matt's letter for April 25,2011

Hi Family!

Well, i'm excited for the blanket! It's chilly! Send my thanks and love to Natalie. SHE"S THE BOMB!

I got the Easter package! Kaylynn sent one on thursday, and i got yours on friday. What a great surprise! I love the cadbury eggs! :) :)

I got my shoes! THANK YOU!!! We went to ventura on tuesday for transfer meeting, and we went to the office and picked it up. I love them! They look so good, and WAY more comfortable than the clarks. Oh and i'm staying in Carp.

Umm... this week...... Well here goes. Monday was great, we got to talk to some members and investigators because E Manning was going. On tuesday we got Elder Searcy and had an awesome day! Wednesday we went to The grace's for dinner (She's a member, he's not, married since september), and they informed us thet they will be moving to Georgia in a month. I was super bummed! I love them too much!! It was cool, because bro grace hugged me when we were leaving, and i feel like we are FINALLY getting though to them! RRRR! We called the snelling for our thurs. dinner appt. that night, but no answer. Thursday we had district meeting, andthat was really good! I called sis. snelling to check our appt, but no answer still. I called bro snelling, and no answer. When we go home, i parked on the side of the house and felt like i should call sis. snelling again. I called and she answered, "elders..." I said, "Hi Sis. Snelling! How are you doing?" She said not good, and started to sob. Though her sobbing, all i really got was, "Well, i can't really tell you what's going on, but i had to leave. I told Jom about dinner, so he'll take you out." I quickly said, "No, what's wrong?!" She said she had to move all her stuff out and that i would probably never see her again. SHe proceeded to say," Elder Monk, you're a good missionary. You will do so well. I'm glad that I got to know you! Good luck.." By now I was crying pretty hard and told her we would keep in contact, and do what we can to help. Then she hung up. It was about all i could do to get inside. I knelt down to pray, but i was crying to hard to think or say anything. Mom, my heart broke. I cannot describe the pain that i felt. It hurt me so bad to see their family in that much pain! It's weird how much you come to love the people you serve with and around. They were so happy! They loved so much, and loved each other unconditionally. Their love for the gospel permeated their home! Now it's gone. From there, the week went down hill. Appointment after appointment cancelled, and we had trouble filling our shedules. We kept working though! Nothing really too bed, i was just relly sad all week.

Well, sorry for the depressing letter! Hahah! That was really the only hang up thisweek, and elder searcy is awesome! Kindof a social grace (He burps and farts on appointments and talks non stop about alaska and how many stakes they have) but he is really fun! I am learning alot form hime. We are going to Santa Barbara today to get the locks on our car fixed, so that will be an edventure. Love you tons! I gottta go!

love,

Elder Monk

No comments: