Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break 2011



I couldn't wait to get away for Spring Break! I just wanted warm weather and no school.
We left Wednesday morning and drove to Mesquite, Nevada. We met our good friends, Kaylynn and Loren Kinghorn there. We went to a nice dinner at a Japanese restaurant there in Mesquite with Lorn's sister and her husband. It was so fun! They cooked our dinner right there in front of us on a huge grill. Oh, it was so good!















On Thursday morning, we drove to Valley of Fire Stake Park. It is real close to Lake Mead. We hiked around and enjoyed the sights.















There were huge lizards there. They would pose and just wait for me to take their picture. Boy, my boys would of loved that when they were young.















Notice all the writings on the wall. . . So interesting.















We then drove over to the Hoover Dam. We got to walk across it. Boy, it is a long way down!














Drum roll please. . . Then what I really wanted to go to Vegas for: we went to The Phantom of the Opera. Oh, it was so awesome! I loved it! I have never been to a Broadway show before so this was HUGE! Oh, it was amazing. So expensive but so cool. I loved not only the music but how fast everything went and the stage was incredible.

We parked at Planet Hollywood and had to walk all the way down to the Venetian where the play was at. Boy, was that a hike but so worth it. So many crazy people. I hate Las Vegas but I loved Phantom.















On Friday, we went to Zion's National Park and hiked. See this trail? We really did hike all the way to the top. Whole new meaning to, "I'm on the to of the World looking down on creation."



















Beautiful waterfalls. When I am at places like this, I really miss Matt. He can take the best pictures.




















Another waterfall. It was so hot, I loved it. It was in the high 80's. I can't wait for Spring!!!



















We just hiked around and enjoyed the beautiful things to see.
We stayed in Kanab on Friday night. Kay, Loran and Riley stayed another night. They wanted to go back to Zion's for another day.















Saturday we drove the L-O-N-G way home. We only made it to Price, Utah. We enjoyed the sites along the way and each other too! We listened to both sessions of conference. Sometimes it was a little weak signal but over all, we heard it all.















It was just beautiful.

We got to about Wellington, UT when it was time for the Priesthood session of conference. So, we drove until we saw a church with cars around it then, Wynn threw on his white shirt, tie and dress shoes and headed on in. I sat in the car and discovered a lot about Wynn's Blackberry. It wasn't too bad. Afterwards, we had a pizza, got a hotel and watched a little T.V. Not to exciting but real relaxing!

I love it when Wynn drives. I just sit and enjoy. I read the whole Ensign, knitted, and even did a little Suduko! It was a great little get away.

We got up Sunday morning and drove home. It snowed coming home. My Spring break is officially over and it is still cold. Oh, remind me why I still live in Idaho?


1 comment:

jp said...

You guys always take the funniest trips! I love it, I hope Matt and I will do that forever!