Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011




Hi mom!
Well, we're at Best Buy today to do our emails, so bear with me! I'm getting up some pictures for you too.
Well, this week was fantastic! I got to go on exchanges like 3 times this week! It's tons of fun! I got to spend the day in Oildale (The 'Dale) on tuesday, One of the AP's, Elder Bumgardner, came with Elder Scheiss and I on Wednesday, and on Thursday I went with Elder Tate in their ward (They llive with us). It was so much fun! The pictures are thus:

Bro. Snelling and me
Br. Clarke (WML) and me
John Risdon (At the masons meeting) and me
The Johnsons and me
Br. Sears and Sis. Donovan and me
Elder Scheiss and Elder Bumgardner and me
Elder Tate and me

Sounds like your week has been awesome! SOunds like dad is doing well, I'm glad! I keep you all in my prayers. Tell everyone Hi for me! I'm also writing Lauren a letter, so I'll send that to you today! Tell her hi and I'm offended that she doesn't write. :) I hven't got the package yet, it takes a day or two extra for mail to get from Ventura to Bakes, so I'm sure it's on its way!! Thanks so much! you are amazing! I think if you did digital recorders it would work best, but it's up to you. It's just kindof a brain child right now. You do what you want to! Hey, if it's not too much sometime (Not now, just whenever you see fit...) I'm thinking it would be nice to have some new scriptures. I want brown and gold in the picket size, you know? Quadruple combination, and it snaps shut on the front? It's not a need, just a want... whatever you think! And it would be cool to have "Elder Monk" on the front. ?? Let me know what you think.
Umm.. this week we did tons of stuff. We did lots of knocking and talked to LOTS of people! Bakersfield is actually a really nice place, and lots of really good people. We tracted into a lady a couple weeks ago, and we went to their house on Friday to help them do some service. They have a farm in their backyard, and we did tons of work! They are baptist, and they took in two younger girls, and he had a heart atack and had to quit his job, so times are tough. They are way sweet though! We are going back this friday.
We had a lesson with Chase yesterday. He's about 16 and a friend of a member. He's had mybe 3 lessons nd guess what... HE WANTS TO GET BAPTIZED!!! We asked him to read and pray, and he's been doing both EVERY DAY! He's what we call "Gold". I love it! Blessings!
Tell Katie congrats! That is so fun! I'm way happy for her, even though I secreetly thought she would wait for me... but its ok! :)
I'm glad you like your new calling! Its blessings in disguse! :) I love you!
Tell Jarom's mom Hi for me! I hope Jarom's doing well, and I htink Bridger leaves for Frankfurt tomorrow! I'm so pumped for them! Let me know what happens! I gotta hear those letters! :)
In church yesterday the young women sang the theme song from camp, then each one bore their testimony that they gained at camp. I thought of you the whole time! I love you mom, and I know our Heavenly Father loves you too. I'm glad you are such a strong member! Keep the faith!
Hmm... i'm sorry! I hope this letter is long enough! I love this church. It's true! I feel so blessed to be ere now.. I know the Lord is watching out for me! Plus, I love my comp. so that's a plus!! I hop eyou have a fantastic day! I hope to hear from you soon! love,
Elder Matthew Monk
California Ventura Mission
Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013



No comments: