Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July



Yesterday, July 2nd, Wynn and I loaded up our bicycles and
headed for Driggs, Idaho. Last year we went there for the
4th festivities. It was a blast and thought we would do
the same this year. We couldn't get any of our kids to go
with so we just went by ourselves. Thought we would
go for a nice bike ride from Driggs to Victor and then back to
Driggs again. That was our plan.

We got to Huntsman Springs Resort and staked out our place
to watch the programs later. There were tons of things going on.
We started walking around and there was so much to see!
I might add that everything was FREE!
(Notice the Tetons in the back)
We saw these amazing BMX riders. They were so good.
Yes, he is jumping over a girl in a chair up on top of a ramp.
We even went to the pig races!
We saw a hypnotist, a comedian juggler, a dog show, an antique
car show and even a air show! There were tons of things for the
kids too. Oh, and don't forget the food. . .
Kind of like a good, old fashioned country fair.
We sat on the grass and enjoyed a patriotic concert courtesy
of BYU-I. Oh my, they were so good!
There were tons of people but honestly, not too bad. There
were tons to do and I didn't notice it too bad. I think
more people came in the evening.
Then, Glen Beck talked.
He did an amazing job. No politics, just a good
patriotic talk. I loved it. I feel like a better person
because of what I learned.
Such a beautiful, hot day.
There was a short video about the Huntsman
Institute and it's desire to find a cure for cancer.

The fireworks were so wonderful.
Of course, they were put to music and that
always captures my heart. They had huge
screens and also showed a DVD while the fireworks were
going on. They had veterans from the Teton Valley
telling about their wars experiences.
It totally was so cool.
My heart was touched.

Such a great day
and the
company
was
the best!

1 comment:

jp said...

We were there too!! To bad I didn't know you were there, we could have sat together!