Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rigby Lake


Yesterday was a total disaster!
I was on my way out the door to go to a pool party
and ran downstairs to get my lawn chair and low and behold. . .
My basement was FULL of water.
I just knew it was the sprinkling system and I ran
upstairs and outside and I could see the water just bubbling over.
All three of the basement windows in the back were clear
full of water, like over the top of the window full.
I tried to call Wynn to find out where the turn off valve was and it
took his secretary to get him out of a meeting so I could talk
to him. I got it turned off and then bailed all the water
out of the window well. I called our insurance agent and got
the ball rolling. Within 30 minutes ARS were here and
the clean up began.
My carpet was new one year ago this week. (I remember because
it was laid while I was at girls camp) Both bedrooms,
my storage closet and half
of the game room were totally saturated with water.
Ripped up carpet and threw padding away!
My heart just about fell out of my chest to see them cut
right into my new carpet and rip it up.
I think there are about 15 fans going full blast
down there right now and probably will be
for a while. On Friday, the walls will
be ripped out and then more fans set so they
will dry out. They promised me I will be happy when
this process is over. I sure hope so because my heart
is hurting really bad right now.

Last Saturday while I was gone, Wynn surprised me by
moving our bedroom downstairs so we could get
started on remodeling our bedroom.
I was just getting used to sleeping in a nice cool basement
and now we are back upstairs again.

About half way through this FUN process yesterday,
Steven and Brooke dropped off my grand babies
because they were headed up to girls camp.
Oh, my heart aches for girls camp. I'm so jealous
for everyone who got to go this week. That is
where I truly wanted to be. Anyway,
I got the kids right in the middle of all my big mess.
Really, we didn't have a choice, Steven and Brooke
were committed and so was I to babysitting.
So, we just delta with it.

Oh, what darling grand babies I have.
I think they knew my heart was broken in so many ways.
They were dream children and I couldn't love them
any more than I do right now.
THEY ARE THE BEST!

This morning I loaded Camden and Emily up
and we headed to Rigby Lake.
Nothing like spending a day with my Mom
and my darling grand kids to cheer me up.



Trying to keep Camden on a blanket was totally a joke!
So, I just took Camden out to the water and he and Em's
had a ball playing together. Yes, Camden is in his
clothes. I didn't plan on getting him wet but. . .
He loved it.
After the lake we went to G.G. house.
(Great Grandma Hayes)
Camden loved her huge ball and
the cool grass.
Emily loved picking strawberries
with G.G.
My, look at my Mother's beautiful garden!
I didn't get the "green thumb" gene from her.

Thanks to my adorable grand babies for making
the past two days bearable.
I love them with all my heart.

1 comment:

Monk Family said...

Thanks so much Mom! You're the best and I know the kids had a blast, hope tomorrow goes well!