Monday, July 11, 2011

Matt's letter for July 11,2011

Hi Mom!

Well... bad news. I'm not going to be senior companion anymore. Also, Bakersfield. It beckons to me. And good news (I guess) is I'm going to be a Zone Leader for the Bakersfield Zone. GAHHHHHH. President CAstro called us last night around 9:30 and made small talk for a while. Then, he paused and asked me, "Elder Monk, I would like to extend to you a calling to be a zone leader." My heart dropped! Haha! But i'm way excited! He wouldn't tell me where or who with, but he told me to read some pages in the white handbook about missionary leadership. He also told me that from the moment he met me, he felt good about me and that he trusted me. Wow! That really made myheart swell. He asked me to not tell anyone until the AP's called this morning. Elder Searcy was freaking out, but things are ok. Haha! I didn't really sleep last night, plus i'm kinda sick and has doped up on non-drowsy cold and flu stuff. Grr! I woke up and just layed there and fretted! Haha! It's a scary thing! Then the AP's called and told me I was going to Bakersfield and that my Companion would be Elder Sheiss. He sounds great! But Bakersfield in summer... I hear rumors of 110*... AGhhhhh. Haha! Wow...

Well, your package, i forgot to tell you! The package you sent cost me 5.00!! THANKS! Haha! That made me giggle when Bro Sears came upstairs really confused and said, "There's a guy here that said you he needs some money..." It was funny! So make sure when you send stuff that there's enough postage! :) Love ya!

President Castro made a new rule that we cannot have any copied CD's. I asked about you buying the CD's and making me a copy, and they said that is OK, as long as you own it. He would prefer the original, but whatever you want. Also, could you send me another copy of the Paul Cardall CD? Another missionary in our district has been looking for it and is headed home tomorrow, so i gave it to him.. Im so sorry! :( And if you could get "Come, THou Fount Of Every Blessing" by Motmon Tabernacle Chior. I love it! I had a couple copied CD's from another missionary and I bought 30 blank cd's a while ago to get CD's I wanted, but i'll send those home for you to make me cd's and I destroyed the copies. :) I'm doing my best to be obedient with exactness! I love and honor out new mission president, so it's not hard. Buying the music on itunes and making a cd from that is OK because you own it. No worries! So natalie sould be OK! Please got some music soon! :) Love you!

So yeah, I would love a little love from you soon! :)

Speaking of love, A lady in our ward made me a purse to give to you! She's a great sewer and made me one to give you. I'll send it to you soon, when I get a chance. You will love it! It's so... so... cute. (I think?) Haha!

We got to help Bishop Norris with a baptism on wednesday. It was a family from Northern cali (Hmmm.. I think i told you this in the letter, so i'll stop now.) It was nice.

We got one of our investigators, Anthony< agreed to be baptised in 1 month, but only if i beat him in Basketball... Hmmm.. We were gathering a team, but it felt kinda funny... We were excited! Then we talked to him and his mom, and he decided to let him do it on his terms. Plus he's only 16. It's ok though! We almost got him! ;)

Well, i'm kinda in a haze right now.. I can't really think too well... :) So, i'll let ya go! I love you tons, and please write soon! I know the church is true. :) LOVE YOU!!



--
Elder Matthew Monk
California Ventura Mission
Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: