Monday, September 12, 2011

Matt's letter for Sept. 12, 2011


Hi Mom!

I’m sorry, its going to be a quick one... A set of 4 Elders shared a car, and it got taken away, so we have to fandangle rides for emails. I’m sorry! But I’ll try to answer your questions:

Yes there are 4 elders in our apartment. Elder Tate (From Mesa) and Elder Dennison (From Rexburg) and us. We love it! They are way cool. We are pretty lucky.

My allergies haven't been bad at all. I did get a little cold the other day during ZLC, but I got over it pretty quick. Elder Dennison got strep, and had to stay in for 2 days, but he got antibiotics, so we were all ok. The air quality is pretty bad here (A lot of smog - 400,000 people, and we get TONS of smog from L.A.) Sometimes kids can't go out for recess because of the bad air! Haha! But we are doing fine. It rained a little this weekend, so that cleared it up a lot. And the temperature has been dropping lots! It’s usually around 98 or so during the day now! A lot better than 110 or 115. And it'll get down into the 70's at night instead of the 80s or 90s. its great!

I'm so excited for the newsletter! Tell sis. Frei thanks a million times for me! I am so excited! And tell Natalie to get o n it! I want to hear from her!!! And if I recall, she still owes me a package ;) Haha!

This week was pretty anti-climatic. We went to Ventura on Monday night and didn't get home till late Tuesday, so it was good. We had a ton of fun! There are a lot of really good missionaries in our mission! And President and sister Castro are SO SWEET! We had home evening with their family, and it was tons of fun!! :) I love them!

The lady who owns Beehive - Sister Ricks - Gave me a bunch of CD Demos that she gets to play in the store. So I got some really good music! But i do have a couple requests when you get a chance (Hopefully soon rather than later): Jericho Road, Sunday Morning (and anything else by them!), Return to Eden by Paul Cardall (I cant get enough Paul Cardall!!), Sacred Cello 1 and 2 if you can, and Reflections of Christ 1 and 2. If you could, the original is totally preferred, but if you buy it, a copy is ok. but the original is the best! Thanks mommy!

Umm we got to do a service project for project linus - some ladies get together and make a million blankets for less fortunate kids. It was fun! Hahaha lots - ladies.

If you could get me a couple more pairs of pants, i would love them! I have the Perry-ellis portfolio ones. Preferably black or dark brown, and I LOVE PINSTRIPES. Haha but seriously, no rush. I know I’m asking a lot, but those are my needs. :) I love you!

Hmmm.. I think that’s it! I love you very much; the church is true, yada yada... Just Kiddin! Haha oh and PS We spoke in church yesterday. I told everyone how much I love you all! Send my love around. . Thanks so much mom! I love you so much!!!

No comments: