Monday, September 26, 2011


 
Thanks for the Email! It makes my day to hear from you! I also got a nice email from Sam, so please send my love to him. I really appreciate it! It sounds like their summer has been prety eventful! And thats too bad about chip...  Makes me really sad!
 
About the scriptures... Just get the darkets color you can. But I don't really want black. Sorry! And If i could ask for one more thing. Now before you say anything think of this: We cover a large ward (About 300-400 people) and we cover 1/3 of the biggest ward in california - no joke. Sometimes it's rather hard to find people just looking at the map, so we are lucky that Elder Schiess has a GPS. But... Elder Schiess is most likely leaving nest week, so i'm gonna be stuck here! Haha, so my requesdt would be (If it's not too much) a GPS? Gosh, i'm sorry! I know how much you are sacrificing for me, and how much you already do, and I hate to keep asking for more, but this is a HUGE help. Rarely a day goes by when we don't use the GPS, and I really think it would be good. If you want to switch and do the scriptures some other time (later or whatever) that would be fine. And I don't really need anything fancy or crazy, just a simple  one. So yeah. Do what you think. Thank you so much Mom! I love you and I hope you know that I appreciate everything you are sacrificing for me to be on a mission. It means so much to me! I hope you know how much it means to me! It really means the world to me.
 
Anyway, enough begging. This week has been great! Alot of exchanges and such, but it was good. The only hang up: I went with The second ward on Saturday with elder Burns, and they just got their car taken away, so we had to walk A BILLION miles. It wasn't to bad (I like walking).Then they had a Baptism and their bishop took us to dinner. I loved it! I like to work with the ward leaders and stake leaders here.
 
We also went with the Olive Knolls elders. Elder Denison came with me, and we had a GREAT exchange! He's from rexburg, and is a way good missionary. We had a really good time, and accomplished alot! I feel really good when exchanges go really well, and we can do alot of good work.
 
We had a FANTASTIC lesson with that one pregnant lady and her non memeber boyfriend this week too. He went to church with her parents last week because she was at work, and they talked about temples and stuff, and he told us he LOVED it and wants to go to the temple! WOO! I am so pumped about that!!! It was a miracle.
 
Yesterday they split our ward and made a new one. So currently we are covering 3 wards. Yikes! The new ward is the Snow ward - Named after snow road. (Haha ironic for Bakersfield) There was a special conference and they discussed bounderies and such, but it was way good! We are hoping for alot of good things from it! :) Haha success.
 
Hmmm... Well, i think thats it. Alot goes on , and i just forget.. I'm working on that! We are so busy that it's hard. But I love you dearly and I think the world of you! I hope you know that! It would be fine to add Greg as a friend, I think. No worries. Thanks for Bro. Clarks address! I really appreciate it. And The miller guy from menan is the one! His brother is in our ward - And somehow he is related to grandma Hayes. I don't know, haha! Tell every one hi for me! I will send Sis. LEavitt a letter today. I love you all! The church is true.
 
 

Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: