Monday, September 19, 2011

Matt's letter for Sept. 19, 2011


Hola Mommacita!
 
This week was a good one! a lot is going on here for us, so i'll try to let you know whats up:
 
Ok first I have a request. A missionary from our mission just got home a while ago, and I have to tell you how much I love him! His name is Greg Stoecker (Spelled like that) and he is AMAZING! Will you do something for me? Look him up on Facebook and message him for me. What would be Ideal is if you would take him to lunch or something after conference. He is going to school at BYU and is from virginia,  and grew up in England. Please oh Please? Haha it's only if you can! But he would love to talk to you and I'm sure you would absolutely love him! He wrote me and told me how much he loved me, and it made my day! He was a zone leader in Santa Barbara.
 
One more: Could you find Brother Clark's address for me? He was my mission prep teacher at BYU - Idaho. My idea is this: Get on the BYU I Website and look at the faculty and it might have an office address i could send to at the school. Im not sure on his first name, but ask natalie. Im sorry! If you can't find it, no worries! Thanks!
 
Anyway! What's going on? Hmmm.. We've had like 3 exchanges this week. On Tuesday I Elder Islas in the La Puente branch came to rosedale with me, and we had a fantastic day! We got to teach a few lessons, and we had a great time together! He is a great missionary, and I loved working with him! On Thursday Elder Cuartas (One of the assistants) Came with me and Elder Bumgardner went with La Puente, and Elder Schiess went to Highland Manor with some elders in our district. We got alot done that day! We covered alot of area! Haha! But Elder Cuartas is a good missionary! He is a great leader, and he truly feels love for all the people that he serves with. I fell very blessed to be able to work with him! I learned so much. While we were at dinner that night, Bro. Miller asked me if I knew of Treasure Mtn scout camp, and I told him I did, and he pulled up a picture of his brother that worked there with Steve along time ago. How cool! Later that night as we were exchanging, he calld me and told me that he talked to his brother who had just gone to Grandma's house (I Guess?) And that we are 3rd cousins! Hahah! Small world. His grandpa Gneiting and grandma are 1st cousins i giuess! haha Im not sure on the relation, but thats cool! I called him "Cuz" at church yesterday! The other exchange we went on was with Highland Manor. Elder Gamache came with me, and we had a GREAT day! I've had some trouble getting through to elder Gamache, and our exchange was fantastic! I really feel like i eraned his trust  that day, and made a better friend. He is such a good missionary. I work alongside some WONDERFUL missionaries! :)
 
Hmmm... A guy from the stake presidency came to our ward yesterday and told everyone that they are making a new ward between us and another ward here! What a cool thing! I'm pretty excited to see what happens nest week! Haha! Alot of growth here in Bakersfield!
 
I did get the newsletter! I loved it! Tell sis. Frei thanks for me! I can't wait for the next one! :)
 
As for pants? Hmmm.. I don't remember... These ones don't have a tag inside them.. But I think they are between 32 - 34 and i know they are 30 long. Would the reciept have the size on them? You probably don't have it from that long ago! Im sorry! But yeah. Thats the best I can do.
 
Oh yeah...
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
I have a little present for you two, but I just need to get it off... Its hard to get to the post office! Its a ways away, and It's just a pain, but I will get it out soon! But anyways, congrats! I love you and dad so much! I am so blessed to have righteous parents that love and support me. Thank you! Please know how much I love you! I pray for you everyday! I love you I love you I love you!
 

Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: