Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hi Mom!

Well, things are going well for me. I did get your St. Patties package! Thank you so much! It was FANTASTIC! Probably my favorite one yet. I love the treats, and toothbrush, a must. Thank you! You are the best. Our mail lady, Sue, in T.O. told me that she has been sending everything with my name back to the sender, so I was sure I wouldn’t get it, but that night (After the mail had come) it was there on our front door! :) It was nice.

Yuppers, lots of new stuff! We got snow yesterday! It didn’t stick though:) I have some epics for you, they are uploading now. It sure was tough to leave Westlake. Bree Bentley was particularly upset. We had a dinner at 5 guys with the ward and a bunch of people came to see me off, then we did FHE at a guys house and I got to say bye to everybody. Bree cried and it was really sad. I thought I would never get attached to that ward! But look what happened, I did. :) haha i love them.

Elder Bostrom is my new comp. He is from Orem, UT, and is way cool. He's half Malasian, so that’s also cool. Ethnicity! :) We have had a tough week trying to find people and things to do - the last missionaries left us nothing. So we have tracted and contacted a lot. We got to teach 2 investigators in a members home last night as well. It was amazing! Monica and her daughter Rachel. It was so sweet! We taught the Restoration lesson and focused on Priesthood, then afterwards invited Monica to pray. She asked to know if what we were saying was true. After the prayer Rachel shook my hand and held on for a bit and started to weep. I asked her how she felt, and she said, "Up till now, I feel like I’ve gotten bits and piecess. Now it has started to come together - it makes sense!" We talked about baptism and the Holy Ghost, and they are on track! WOOO! I know why I am here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes sense now why president asked me to do this! Woo!!!!

We're getting a new truck on Wednesday, so we're going to Oxnard to get it. WOO! And new beds, because ours are SICK. Our apartment is NASTY. But we're cleaning it up! :) Yeah! good times.

I have a request for a C.D. - Reflections of Christ; Another Testament (The book of Mormon one). Would be great! I don’t know how much it is... but I love it! If at all possible, could I get the original? If not, just write that its yours. THANKS!

Things are looking up! YEAH! I love it here already. It’s mega country here. Wow. We have to drive almost an hour to get to District meeting in Bakersfield. Crazy!

I LVOE YOU! Have fun on Vay Cay. You rock!



The library IN THEIR HOUSE.
Their pool

The gates stairs. I had to send some pics so you believe its real!
Me and Kristi Eide and her PT. Haha!
Me and Bree. Golly, love her!
The Westlake YSA    I love them!
Me and Jessi Bell, a new convert in Westlake    
Our Apartment in Tahatchapi.  Notice the snow!

1 comment:

Meek Family said...

Your quilt is beautiful and I always enjoy Matt's letters.