Monday, October 24, 2011

From Matt. . .


Monday, October 24, 2011

Hola Familia!

I got Grandma's letter. It was so sweet! I'm writing her a little
letter today hopefully.

Ok first off our big news... So I have to preface. We all know (And I
have recently gained a stronger testimony)  that when there is the
GREATEST good, there will be the greatest opposition. Right? Well that
has been the case this last week. We went on exchanges with Highland
Manor (Elder Penrod and Elder Gamache), and it was really good! I went
with elder Penrod, and he is  way good! I’m glad to have such good
Missionaries in our district. Wednesday we went with the Assistants -
Elder Bowen came with us, and it was a lot of fun, plus we learned a
ton from him! He is such a solid missionary!! Thursday we went with
the Olive Knolls elders (Tate and Denison), and it was so good. We are
consistently impressed with how good those two are. Great things will
come from them! We have been having lots of troubles with some Elders
 this week... Lots of opposition. They have been
clashing, and we have done all we can to correct their behavior (Lots
of disobedience - not by us!) and nothing has worked, so we called
President and set up interviews for them. Hopefully things will be
working out better. But amidst all this turmoil and anguish of soul, a
miracle was to be had. Remember Chase and Angela - the family that just
got married and is prego? Well, we had two lessons with them, and one
with them and Angela's brother that got home from his mission last
week, and we... Invited Chase to be baptized! He accepted, and is
getting baptized on November 19th! Regardless of whether he actually
does on that day, he is SUPER excited to do it, and he REALLY wants
it! The desire is there, so it will happen. He came to church
yesterday by himself with all the kids (Angela had to work)! He is so
GOLD!!! Please pray for them! This is his time! We know it!! If you
happen to go to the temple this week, would you put their names on the
roll? Chase and Angela Atkins. No worries if you don't, though. :) :)
:) :) :) I'm so happy.

So that’s about it for our excitement! Elder Schiess got dear-johned.
He'd been dating her for about 2 years. She is engaged. It was too
bad, but he is actually way happy! Haha he is a good missionary. We
had fun throwing away all the "Jen" stuff haha!

I got a nice package from Victoria! It was so sweet! She sent me a
Staff shirt from Cedar Badge, a bunch of M&Ms and some pictures from
Cedar badge! She is a super sweet girl. Would you say hi to her on
Facebook? She would like that.

Ummm.. I think that’s it! We'll email next week like normal, even
though it's Halloween. So, no worries. We're also going to Ventura
that evening for zlc. WOO! Haha, I'm pumped.

Thanks for the pictures! I love them all. Send my love to everyone! :)
I also got the newsletter. I loved it! I'm glad that the Walkers are
doing well. Would you get Taylor's info for me? Thanks mommy!

I hope everything is well. I love you all so much! Thanks for everything!!

Elder Matt Monk

No comments: