Monday, October 3, 2011

Matt's letter for Oct. 3rd, 2011


Hi Mom!!
 
Well, it was a great week. A lot of good happened. We have been doing lots of tracting and finding and Declaring the Gospel to people! Its been a ton of fun. We are so blessed up here in Bakersfield! I really loved General Conference a lot - It was neat to be able to learn from our prophet! You are so lucky that you got to go! Haha I looked for ya! I really loved that talk (I can't remember who?) where he talked about his first day as a 70 and he was on the elavator and President Monson got on and told him "It's always better to look up." I loved it! And President Monsons at Preisthood was fantastic! He is so animated! :)

As far as everything else goes! Things are really good. We have been so blessed lately. We are going to Don and Karen's house tonight for dinner. They are some catholics that we tracted into and hauled some wood for, and they want to have a "Roundtable" of religions with them and us and their daughters that are grown. WOO! We are pretty pumped for that. They are so sweet! I pray everyday that they will be that family that I can touch! I want to bring them into the church so bad!!! You prayers help too!
 
A young family in our ward - the Hills - had us over last night and they made us each some CD's with their favorite music on them, and a SUPER sweet card for each of us! I love them so much! They are super super sweet! I love the people here so much!
 
I think I am sending you a package today! Haha sorry it's taken so long... Count this as anniversary and such... I'm sending you... well i'll just let you see! :) Just a token of my appreciation for you and Dad. I love you both so much! I really missed going to Jackson or somewhere for conference and Preiesthood especially with dad. I remember all those times going in jeans to some random church! I loved that. I love you both so much!
 
I would love your GPS. Thank you so much! It will be such a help and it be used well! And I hope you found the scriptures. I love you! Thanks so much for everything.
 
I'm glad Steve is doing well! Send my love to Him and Brooke and Ems and Camden. I love them lots!
 
Also tell Hailey happy Birthday for me!
 
Hmm... Well I think thats it! I love you so much, did I mention that? Hahaha but seriously! You are the world to me! Also I do love pictures (prints) if you want to throw some of those my way sometime! :) Tell everyone Hi for me and tell them I love em!

Elder Monk

No comments: