Monday, October 17, 2011

Matt's news. . .


Hi family!                                                                                                            October 17, 2011

Well, thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! It really made my day. It was a great birthday! Mom, I love the scriptures! They are so perfect! And i loved the socks and everything! You are the best.

Congrats on your 5K! I'm so proud of you mom! And also Natalie! Haha that’s so much fun! Are you going to do a marathon next?? 26 miles! YOU CAN DO IT! A lady in our ward just did the St, George marathon and loved it. Now she's training for the Santa Barbara Marathon! All you have to do is run it in under 6 hours. :) Think about it.

Well, yeah, as you heard last week, we were in meetings most of the week. ZLC was good! I love president so much. He is so cool! As for the rest of the week, we went and looked at an apartment with Elder Curtis (Our office guy), so hopefully we'll get out of ours pretty soon. (You remember that there’s 6 in ours now) So yeah. I'm excited for that.

A guy asked me to help me teach him how to sew. Thanks for teaching me that mom!

We are teaching a young Vietnamese couple that live in our apartment complex. They are so cool! Their names are Minh and Joey. We're pretty excited! They made us some pretty good Vietnamese food. They won my heart with that! haha

Mom, if you wouldn't mind, I would like you to take out my iPod and charge it then play it until it runs dead, then put it back, then take out my Nikon and put the battery in and snap a couple pictures, then just put it back. That will help the mirrors to not get dirty and stay good. Thank you so much!!! Let me know how it goes.

Did I tell you about sister Rasmussens birthday present?!?! We got a professional Photographer in the ward to take some pictures of her kids, and then she edited them and matted and printed them for her! They look so good! I'll attach a picture of them. I LOVE THEM!! The one on top is Mosiah, then Liberty and England (Ty). They are awesome.

Elder Moore - a missionary in our apartment - Has pneumonia. I took him to the doctor this morning, and he's quarantined for 2 days, and on some heavy meds. Yikes. Pray for us.



Hmmm... Well, I think that’s about it! I hope to hear from you soon! I love you!

--
Elder Matthew Monk

  California Ventura Mission

No comments: