Sunday, October 16, 2011

My first 5k

On Saturday, Oct. 15, I ran a 5k.
I know, you are so surprised!
(so am I)
My friend Carla and I have been training.
We go running at 7:00 every morning.
Well, actually we walk and jog.
I'm not very good but I sure feel better.






Here we are with Moses from the Biggest Loser.
He actually walked the whole 5k.

Becca, Melissa Thompson, Moses, Me, Natale
Lindsey Walker

                 
So glad Natalie came and ran with me.
She was such a good support!
She stayed right with me and I loved that.






It was so cool because at the end, Natalie
sprinted and went in front of me so
when I came over the finish line everyone 
was cheering just for me.
Made me smile. ;)
But, the best part was the 5k was for
the Make a Wish foundation and
there were two darling little boys, oh,
probably 5 yrs. old, in wheel chairs
giving us a high five as we came over
the finish line.

Oh, it was a great day!
(Don't know if I should post this but it
took me 40:42 to run 5K)
I'm slow but steady!



























1 comment:

Monk Family said...

I'm so impressed! What an accomplishment. Really and truly. You're amazing!