Monday, January 2, 2012

From Matt


Monday, January 2nd, 2012

Hi Mom!

Well, things are good for me. I loved our phone call! Thanks for being amazing.

So Thousand Oaks (TO) is awesome. It’s been about 75 degrees everyday
I’ve been here. WOW! It’s beautiful. We're like 20 minutes from L.A.
and lots of stars and rich people live here. Brook White - the one
from American idol that got like 3rd place with David Archuleta lives
here! I met her husband at church yesterday. Brother Ray - White is
just a stage name.

There are a ton of Jews here! Agoura Hills has like California's
population of Jewish people. We are teaching a Jewish Girl that is
getting baptized soon. Woo! One of the recent converts here (That just
left to BYU) was also a Jew. Woah! Crazy time.

I'm glad you had fun with Brother Johnson. He is so nice! I wish I had
time to talk to him... But it’s ok! :) Glad you enjoyed the almonds!
They are tasty. The CD's are actually just cases. I have all the CD's
here in a binder. And I just don't use those speakers very much. The
battery always ran dead. So sorry! Thanks for putting all that stuff
away. I’m sure there will be more! hahah

So I live in Thousand Oaks on Avenida De Las Flores. It is a beautiful
place! We live with two other elders and it is way fun. One is struggling 
a lot and has only been out 2 months or so. His
companion Elder Christensen goes home in 5 weeks, as does mine, elder
Cook. Elder Cook is a BLAST! He is from Gettysburg, PA. I haven't
laughed so hard since I was with Bridger. We have tons of fun. I'm so
lucky!

We cover the West Lake Village YSA ward, and it is a blast. We had
dinner with a member in Malibu Lake last weekend and their house is
LEGIT. Oh man, it is crazy rich here. Idaho boy is blown away. I miss
our little house! Haha but its pretty cool.

We have a zone leader training meeting starting today in Ventura until
tomorrow, so that will be fun. On the 17th or 18th we will be having a
zone leader meeting with elder Zwick of the 70. That should be fun!
Woo! Rubbin' shoulders with a general authority! :) haha

Krissa Hegsted? Woo! That was fast. Haha I kind of expected that. Good
for her! Tell them to send an announcement my way that would be fun.

Can you believe that hump day is Thursday?!?! HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!! Haha
It is crazy how fast time goes. Can you believe it???!?!!! I hope to
see some camels in the mail! So yeah! Be thinkin of me! :) I'm
always thinking of you. I hope you know how much I love and appreciate
you! You are the best mom I could ask for.

I don’t think there’s anything else! I'm working on some pics, so stay tuned.

Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: